HybridZ

Hondas are so awesome

BurnoutZ

I have a '93 hinda civic lx and i like it. I just turned 190,000 miles and still get 40 mpg on the highway. I dont have all that dumb ♥♥♥♥ on it though or think its fast . hell i have a hard time getting up mountains without rev'n over 3000 haha. It does good in the snow and get's me back and forth to college without using much gas. the only thing i replaced on it was o-rings on the injector, but I think when i get to about 200,000 i'll have to put in a new clutch. They're TRANSPORTATION good cars in my opinion, but in know means a car to race like most of these uneducated poeple think. I had a guy try to tell me at the drag strip that if you put a wing on it will lose a half a second on your quarter. But what most poeple try to do with those type of cars is like trying to make a pony into a race horse, it just does not work and you get made fun of for doing it.

all honda owners are cocky

I am in no means being cocky. If gas wasn't so high i'd be driving my dodge cummins. But the honda is front wheel drive so it's good in snow (which it snows all the time), it gets 40 mpg, and the engine life is long. The biggest part is the 40 mpg so it only cost me 15 bucks to go home once in a while to work on my Z. But it also sucks driving because you have to rev the ♥♥♥♥ out of the thing to go up mountains and you can hardly pass someone unless you have a nice strech of road.

wow, another honda-hater forum... thought this place "respected" other manufacturers because this is a "HYBRID" forum... wish I had enough time and money... I think I'd throw a b16 in a Z just piss some off ignorant guys off. I've seen PLENTY of hondas running 10's all day long and then be able to daily drive the bastard to work everyday. This topic seems to be brought up on every domestic forum... but it was unexpected here, I guess.

For the record, no. I dont drive a honda. I rock a 43 mpg Corolla to school every day. I hear ya Dustin... I don't try to be some "ricer", but I have "modified" the external appearance. Something about looking half-way decent and spending 20 bucks a week in gas, does it for me. haha

It's clearly been stated that no one here hates hondas, but rather the ignorant ricer mentality many of the people driving them seem to have...thinking they are god's gift to racers. I myself have seen a 10 second 4 door accord at the local strip. And i love the S2k and NSX.

No doubt they can be made quick...but intake, fart can, and "v-tach" doesn't cut it.

this thread will self destruct in 3, 2, 1... :P

I actually have a Honda! It's a '99 EX that looks almost totally factory on the outside. Underneath however, it's not...

rice.jpg

It started out as my wife's daily driver and became mine when we had our first kid and she got a Subaru Outback Sport (Soon to be my Rally-X car when she goes "minivan"). This let me relegate the 5.9 R/T Durango to dedicated tow vehicle and minimize it's thirst for the increasingly expensive gas.

Being who I am, I couldn't help myself, I had to start improving it. 16x6 wheels, Kumho MX's, "real" CAI, headers, exhaust, cam, pulley's, Hondata ECU, full coil-overs (no cut springs here) and a Quaife ATB LSD.

The only maintenance it's needed have been regular oil changes, 2 timing belts, 3 sets of tires and I put synthetic gear oil in the tranny just for good measure.

It's got 145k on the odometer, has the original factory battery and clutch, gets 34mpg on my 96 mile round trip commute, has AC, a back seat and has ferried me to MSA from SanFran twice as many times as I've driven a Z there...

It makes 136 fwhp and 116 fwtq. Not stellar, but it weighs only 2300 lbs and with the suspension, tires, LSD and extra power is a killer in the on/off-ramp jungle out there.

When I want to have fun, what do I drive... one of my Z's. At the end of the day, the Honda is still just reliable transportation. It just doesn't get my adrenaline pumping like a well setup Z car, but it was WAY cheaper to upgrade and it has never had a rust issue and never needed sheet metal cut or welded. Too bad it's still FWD.

Like Globerunner said, it's not the cars, but the pervasive attitude of those that fit the "Ricer" mentality that blemish the credibility of the enthusiast on this particular platform.

all honda owners are cocky

Comments like this do not belong on this site. period.

As far as honda's go.. I used to not have much love for them as all I saw were riced out pieces.. I now have some friends that have some very nice honda's My next door neighbor for one.. S2k with a GT40R turbo, fulll 20psi at 4500 and revs to 9300 on pump gas. It still has a ways to go as far as tuning.. He was on the covor of modified mag back in march. Also we have a guy here with a 675hp civic that weighs in at like 2100 lbs.. Helping my bud work on his turbo S2k I noticed some very nice work honda has done. I have seen a 510 with a S2k motor in it.. that was cool as heck!!