HybridZ

Come ride with me

jbc3

After watching big Phil's driving videos, I thought I'd post a couple of ride videos I have from last summer. A short ride on a 25 mph country mountain road and a traction limited ride down the 1/4. I made a clip on camera mount and decided to try it out. It picks up a little too much vibration, and I can not see the screen to adjust the view.... but it turned out ok :-)

Jody

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/369e2f13-b8c2-4ab6-a453-9a2b0024e89c.htm

By the way, the speedo is accurate and I usually leave the shift light at only 6400 for street driving.

Nice video man!! One thing I noticed your foot never left the clutch pedal. I heard that is the worst thing that you can do even if a little pressure is applied. Was I misled?

I was going to ask the same thing....because I tend to do that also.

Jody, does your cam record to a disk or hard drive....reason I ask...I have a sony cam that records to dvd disk and it always shuts off in the car. i was thinking due to vibration but your cam never cut off. I missed some really good vids from the convention because mine just would not stay on.

Anyway your car sounds great!

Nice video man!! One thing I noticed your foot never left the clutch pedal. I heard that is the worst thing that you can do even if a little pressure is applied. Was I misled?

I have a Mcleod street twin clutch and a 1 1/8" Tildon master cylinder in this car. Pushing the clutch in takes serious effort, but I can easily chirp the 295/50/16 tires in 5th gear (that is a .76 overdrive gear for those not familiar with the T56), so it does not slip. I can more than rest my foot on the clutch and still not have any slipping, even on the spray (589 ft lbs TQ).

I have driven several cars, my neighbor's BMW Z4 for example, and a slight breeze on the clutch pedal will cause it to slip. Definitely not the case with my set-up.

I was going to ask the same thing....because I tend to do that also.

Jody, does your cam record to a disk or hard drive....reason I ask...I have a sony cam that records to dvd disk and it always shuts off in the car. i was thinking due to vibration but your cam never cut off. I missed some really good vids from the convention because mine just would not stay on.

Anyway your car sounds great!

I am not using a large video recorder, it is just a Fuji A900 pocket digital camera. It records to an SD card. Throw it in video mode, clip it on to the roll bar and go. The rattling you hear in the video is actually the camera itself. I am thinking of putting or mounting a piece of soft foam on the roll bar where I clip the mount on to help buffer the vibrations.

See my previous post about foot resting on the clutch... not an issue.

I have a Mcleod street twin clutch and a 1 1/8" Tildon master cylinder in this car. Pushing the clutch in takes serious effort, but I can easily chirp the 295/50/16 tires in 5th gear (that is a .76 overdrive gear for those not familiar with the T56), so it does not slip. I can more than rest my foot on the clutch and still not have any slipping, even on the spray (589 ft lbs TQ).

I have driven several cars, my neighbor's BMW Z4 for example, and a slight breeze on the clutch pedal will cause it to slip. Definitely not the case with my set-up.

Ok thanks for clearing it up. I thought my OS Giken twin plate was hard but I guess not.

Sweet setup though :)