HybridZ

Amazing Rally car retoration

alexdeprat

If you want to see an amazing rally car restoration, see Carl Beck's BRE 240Z rally racer. It was at the convention this past year in Daytona. It is an amazing restoration, right down to the BRE forged pistons in the 13:1 L24 race motor. I have more photos I took from the convention that I can post if people are interested.

2007_zcon_03_0135.jpg

2007_zcon_03_0143.jpg

2007_zcon_03_0144.jpg

pete: those are photographs of Carl's car? They actually look like images of a toy or a model for some reason; I think its the surface that the car is parked on and the lack of anything else in the image to give it perspective..

Those Libras look NICE on that Z! I always was a fan of the more classic rim selections.

At the convention they had one of the NASCAR garage bays setup as a photo studio. They wet down the floor.

I was actually going to say that it wasn't a photo of a plastic model in my original post.... (it does look like it)

No, it's real, and an amazing restoration. Pete Brock provided Carl many photos of the car when it was raced so that he could do an accurate restoration.

Great,Clean and very tidy restoration !!!

Picture 251 explains it all "Bahrain" license plates.

I was wondering who would be able to pay for a restoration in a shop full of ferraris and mercs. Now I know.

I do not think the restoration done in Bahrain, because you can see other cars pleates (They look europe)

I think this guys bought the car from there