HybridZ

Video of the twin cams spinning!!!!

1 fast z

L series stroked/bored to 3.1 with his own one off dohc head.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=120659

Too cool.

I've actually thought about doing something like that, on more than one occasion, and for more than one reason, in fact I'm still thinking about doing something like this for my planned engine. (not an L6 though)

I looked quickly for the reason to use 3 parts to make the head instead of the original plan to use just 2 parts to the head it seems that the bore spacing changes between a couple cylinders that would make the bore spacing incorrect of the L4 head across a pair of cylinders on the L6 and so to correct this spacing, the cuts were made to leave "extra" material to account for this change in distance between these bores. Did I understand that right?

Too cool.

I've actually thought about doing something like that, on more than one occasion, and for more than one reason, in fact I'm still thinking about doing something like this for my planned engine. (not an L6 though)

I looked quickly for the reason to use 3 parts to make the head instead of the original plan to use just 2 parts to the head it seems that the bore spacing changes between a couple cylinders that would make the bore spacing incorrect of the L4 head across a pair of cylinders on the L6 and so to correct this spacing, the cuts were made to leave "extra" material to account for this change in distance between these bores. Did I understand that right?

Yes that is the main reason is bore spacing because between the two center cylinders is greater for the big main bearing in the center.

Oil goes in the cam journals, and drips, leaks, etc onto the cam lobes. I had T3's before with a 63 ex side. I Now have V trim wheel for the compresser, and I forget what the ex side is. I measured everything out and someone was supposed to email me my info back (cough clif cough)!!