HybridZ

Problems with parts from Paulo (fazzt73)?

JMortensen

How did your transaction with Paulo go?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. How did your transaction with Paulo go?

• Very satisfied with parts.
    • Parts were satisfactory but required a bit of work to fit to the car.
    • Parts sent did not fit correctly or were unusable.
    • Parts never sent, did not get refund.

We keep having people from other forums post on our forum about being cheated by Paulo with regards to carbon fiber parts. We are trying to find out what your experience has been with his products.

The poll question is for ESTABLISHED Hybrid Z members only who have purchased Z parts from Paulo. If you fit this category, please respond to the poll and tell us how the transaction went, and feel free to post your thoughts about your transaction in this thread.

This post was copied from another thread:

Not to "bash", but...

I wonder how many others have had less than satisfactory experience with Fazzt73.

I got one of his first rear wings and it was received in a very poor state of quality - wavy, crooked and so thin it almost cracked of its own weight. After a pretty long interval and several PMs he sent another one that was better, but still requiring many hours of my glass work to make usable. I had to fill the original with foam, then reshape and lay glass on the outside.

I also sent him some money for glass headlight buckets that I never received.

My last communication from Paulo was to ask if I had some pictures of my spoiler he could use and I forbade him to use any picture of mine as my spoiler, while not perfect, looks 10 times better than what I received.

Jon,

I've ordered two rear spoilers from Paulo. The first was perfect. It looks great, very nice finish and fit like a glove.

The second one fits great but the finish is not near as nice as the first. Some of the carbon fiber weave had been spray painted over to cover some defects and the clear coat was delaminating in one spot.

Communication was great with the first transaction and spotty at best on the second. Both parts took 2 or 3 weeks to get after I ordered them.

Just based on my experience, I'd order again if he had a part that I wanted.

I bought a fiberglass BRE rear Spoiler from Paulo. It did not fit at all, and it was very thin at the top edge and was cracked. My car was being painted at the time, and the body shop commented it was the worst piece of sh@t he had ever seen. I emailed Paulo several times for a refund or replacement but received no replies. When I called the phone number listed on his website, it was no longer in service. I ended up cutting it in half and throwing it away. I then bought an MSA spoiler and it fit perfect and required very little prep for paint.

Greetings,

I've ordered the 280z tail light panel from paolo, when I first got it, I though that it was the best thing since slide bread, never had a carbon fiber piece for any of my Z’s; the finish is decent, the edges were the tail lights rest are painted black, which in term paolo mentioned to me before I ordered (it took him quite a few weeks, and a few e-mails to shipped). Overall is an acceptable piece.

Alex

I have recently had a polite PM exchange with Paulo whereby he has promised to issue a refund for the deposit I made way back when for parts never made/ shipped.

As I told him, I think he means well but maybe gets too busy to take care of business details, and occasionally, quality.

I have recently had a polite PM exchange with Paulo whereby he has promised to issue a refund for the deposit I made way back when for parts never made/ shipped.

As I told him, I think he means well but maybe gets too busy to take care of business details, and occasionally, quality.

Refund sent a thanks, Paulo.

• 2 weeks later...

received a pm from paulo saying that the delay on returning my taillight trim pieces is because he's using them for a template for the cf parts and that he will return them along with cf part as my comp for supplying the template parts!

i'm looking forward to that!