HybridZ

I drove the LT1 swap to work today.

I drove the 280Z LT1/4L60E swap to work today. It’s the first real drive in over a year. The swap took much longer than I had anticipated but then I did a lot more to the car than I had planned, those "while I'm at it projects" ya know. The car is about 90% done with only AC plumbing and wiring and installation of the grille and front bumper to go. There are a few debug projects to finish too. I am very pleased with the car, it is so much quicker than the old school 350 I had in it before and with the lowered suspension the handling is night and day over the old stock setup. Although I know working on and modifying this car will never really be done now that the project is almost complete I think I'm going into postpartum depression, LOL.

I know this gets old but I want to thank everyone here that helped me along the way and kept me inspired when things got tough. In particular jbc3, Bartman and nullbound without who I would have been lost several times. I am so happy I stumbled onto this board a few years ago. I hope to see many of you at DNI next month.

LOL, its not like i didn't think about it. But I have found a reason to make a trip this afternoon, for business reasons of course!

It's amazing that you were able to stop at work. I'd probably still be driving. Good for you.

Thanks Warren. We seem to be on the time schedule! You gonna be ready for the March show?

Congrats Dale,

I'm about to be in the same boat, only the exhaust & driveshaft loop left to do...and don't EVEN remind me about the "while I'm at it" stuff. This whole project turned out to be one big one.

Warren

Dale,

I sure hope so, if I can quit being sidetracked by other stuff, it shouldn't be a problem. I'd like to get it ready in the next few days to be able to make a few shakedown runs with the new tranny & shifter arrangement. Between work and other projects, I'm about tapped out for time, but I'm gonna have to make some time to get the car done, that's all there is to it.

Warren

Hey, Dale...great deal!

I know about the post-partum stuff...my mother-in-law keeps on asking my wife how I can do work on one little car for so long...:o) It's easy...when you get it running right...tear it apart and do something else to it...works every time...:o) Looking forward to seeing you next month, also..

Wayne

Congrats Dale,

We are still working on our car. One thing leads to another then another. I am assembling the engine this week, I did find 2 bad pistons ( they were new ) but we had bought an extra set.

Anyway not to hijack your thread. Glad to see you enjoying the car instead of it enjoying you.

Hope to see the gang again in March....

John

Your turn over of projects is amazing. You barely get it working and start over. But that's what we have these cars for, otherwise we'd just buy something like everyone else has.

Hey, Dale...great deal!

I know about the post-partum stuff...my mother-in-law keeps on asking my wife how I can do work on one little car for so long...:o) It's easy...when you get it running right...tear it apart and do something else to it...works every time...:o) Looking forward to seeing you next month, also..

Wayne

Tick-tock....let me now if I can be of any help.

Dale,

I sure hope so, if I can quit being sidetracked by other stuff, it shouldn't be a problem. I'd like to get it ready in the next few days to be able to make a few shakedown runs with the new tranny & shifter arrangement. Between work and other projects, I'm about tapped out for time, but I'm gonna have to make some time to get the car done, that's all there is to it.

Warren

Get to wrenchin'. It won't be the same without that beast of your's there.

Congrats Dale,

We are still working on our car. One thing leads to another then another. I am assembling the engine this week, I did find 2 bad pistons ( they were new ) but we had bought an extra set.

Anyway not to hijack your thread. Glad to see you enjoying the car instead of it enjoying you.

Hope to see the gang again in March....

John

That's not good. Since I used the Z28 fuel tank I welded the Z28 filler so I could use its cap. Well a 14 year old cap doesn't really seal all that well and my first hard left hand turn spilled fuel out from under tha cap which as you know runs down the innner fender and fumes filled the cabin. A new cap seems to have fixed it.

Congrats! Feels good eh?

Havn't driven mine to work yet, gotta do something about the fuel venting to my cabin!

Its only 12 miles, but I did make a run to an off-site facility at noon about 25 miles which got me on I-85 and 80mph, wahoo. I still have quit a bit of front end shake from 60 mph up. I will take it in to the tire store for a road loading balance if I can find someone that can do that. The car has always had that in varing degrees even after I changed tires.

That's awesome, Dale!! How far is the commute to work?