HybridZ

2009 chevy corvette zr1

Guest TeamNissan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamNissan

Ya, I'm actually hoping for the same. Once it it hits 6 digits I feel its just another high price car that for the price damn well better do what it does.

Really think it will break 100k though based on its stats.

At 100,000-110,00K for that ZR1 it gives the new GT-R owners about 20K in mods to still beat it and have enough money left over to take the wife on a cruise and a re-model the bathroom.

Over in the Porsche TwinTurbo forums those owners are all butt sore from the GT-R beaing able to out-perform them stock for $50K less than what they are paying.

Yasin

You're all wrong...

The Markup on the New ZR1 is STUPID... They're trying to get $25-30K over what list will be just to take Pre-build orders...And it will list at over $100K

The GT-R...Now there's a fat girl at the prom for you... And you can't get that one for less than $10K over list around here... So that $80K car (out the door) will now cost you $90K. (I've checked, don't ask)

JIm McNemar just bought a new 2008 Z06 and has dumped another $40-50K into it to have it upgraded to be a track record beating car... If money is no object, then this is exactly what I'd do...

If money IS an object, then buy a used low mileage Porsche 996 Turbo (2001-2004) for UNDER $60K (I've seen them selling in the $40s) and mod the hell out of it, as mine has been... Then you'll be able to run circles around both... And I don't think the GTR wil be easy to mod, based on what I'm reading... Their computer setup may require removal and a standalone...

Mike

Funny you still mention that the GT-R is fat, Mike. Have you seen one in person yet? I only ask because I have. And I will tell you that it looks completely different in person. I live outside of Phoenix in a town called Maricopa. Nissan has their test facility here and I've seen numerous test mules driving around. About two weeks ago I was driving home and there was a new GT-R just sitting in line at a stop sign. Even though the car was going the opposite direction I stopped dead in my lane and just stared at it for almost a minute. I was door to door with the car and it actually looks much smaller when you see it in person. The angles on the car really work differently on the eye.

No argument it has some heft to it, but once you get next to one personally you might not see it the same way. And as for the other comparisons, I still maintain the same stance. A Vette guy will buy a Vette, a Porsche guy will buy a 911, and very few people will seriously entertain a Z06/ZR1, 911, and a GT-R on an equal level. But that is just my opinion.

Brian

Akwikz, I believe her is referring to the 3836 lb curb weight. Sorry if otherwise.

I'm sure you're right. As I've said before I just find humor in the fact that Mike is calling a car "fat" while he himself is driving a car that has been called the "fat" supercar for over a decade now. The 911, especially the all wheel drive ones are all over 3400 pounds. A difference of 200-300 pounds suddenly makes one car "fatter" than another? Especially when said "fatter" car can outrun, outcorner, and outbrake the other. Kind of amusing when you look at it that way.

Brian

I also find it amusing that there is so much talk about record breaking... yet the GT-R isn't even here yet. ALL of the magazine numbers are estimates... edmunds was the only one to do any testing and that was on a Japanese individually owned car. There is a ring video floating around, but it isn't independent. Why don't we all just wait and see what records it breaks when it comes out. Until then it is all hearsay.

Don't get me wrong though, I hope it delivers.

I also find it amusing that there is so much talk about record breaking... yet the GT-R isn't even here yet. ALL of the magazine numbers are estimates... edmunds was the only one to do any testing and that was on a Japanese individually owned car. There is a ring video floating around, but it isn't independent. Why don't we all just wait and see what records it breaks when it comes out. Until then it is all hearsay.

Don't get me wrong though, I hope it delivers.

OOOh, there is a 'ring video of the new GT-R? Under what rock have I been living?

Link?

Brian, Back away from the Nissan punch bowl pal.

I'm sure the car will be a nice ride. I personally have spent some time at the dealership talking about this car on a different level... I am not sure who on this forum has seriously considered buying one, but I HAVE.

Also, your comment about the Vette guy and the porsche guy not giving the GT-R any credit or consideration are ignorant. There is a SEA of enthusiasts out there (I consider myself one of them) who are "CAR" guys. Those "CAR" guys own several different Makes/Models of cars and don't bow down to the throne of one maker.

It's what differentiates them from the rest... The ability to savor and sample many different platforms.

And yea, My car is heavy... Too heavy. At 3564# (corner weights with ahalf tank of gas) it is far heavier than I'd like. It still ISN'T 3800-3900#. That's a BIG DEAL. And I can NOT Wait to get on video the first time I'm on a road course with one of those GT-R supercars. I'll post the video results, but I'm 110% certain I'll show it my tail lights... I don't see anyone modifying a GT-R for at least 12 months After it hits the market and then it'll be significant time and money in R&D.

Meanwhile, I'm already at 690 CRANK HP on race gas...:2thumbs: And 300# lighter, minimum! :lmao:

Mike

I'm sure you're right. As I've said before I just find humor in the fact that Mike is calling a car "fat" while he himself is driving a car that has been called the "fat" supercar for over a decade now. The 911, especially the all wheel drive ones are all over 3400 pounds. A difference of 200-300 pounds suddenly makes one car "fatter" than another? Especially when said "fatter" car can outrun, outcorner, and outbrake the other. Kind of amusing when you look at it that way.

Brian

OOOh, there is a 'ring video of the new GT-R? Under what rock have I been living?

Link?

Don't bother putting any stock in that run. The cloud of speculation surrounding it makes it a "not valid" run in most circles... Nissan doing their clever marketing again!

Mike

• Administrators

Nissan GT-R at 3800-3900# lbs! For any sports car, regardless, 3800 lbs is fat. On paper the Nissan GT-R’s performance and capabilities look stellar, the car is a very complex computerized machine. Its looks? Well that’s in the eye of the beholder. For some reason it is the 3800+ lb weight that keeps stabbing the back of my brain. My full size Luxo-barge, Infiniti Q-45, with half tank gas, no driver, weighed 3800 lbs! Anytime a “sports car” weighs the same as a flag ship luxury car, regardless of how sensuous it looks on the show room floor, it's a... oink.gif

Hmmm… so take a 90-96 Q-45, (can be had for under $5000 in excellent condition), rebuild the engine to withstand 20-25 lbs of turbo boost… Utilize the latest track proven Z-32 suspension components and mods... you with me?... (Q ship and Z-32 share front and rear suspension design), now around the track, the Nissan GT-R driver is feeling a little uncomfortable as he can’t seem to shake Grand-dad, maybe just a little, but Grand-dad is still in his mirror, (Grand-Dad is a term of endearment we have for the Q-ship due to its “boring”, “no-one-looks at it” sex appeal, not even the police give it a second a look.) :lmao:

Hmmm… so take a 90-96 Q-45, (can be had for under $5000 in excellent condition), rebuild the engine to withstand 20-25 lbs of turbo boost… Utilize the latest track proven Z-32 suspension components and mods... you with me?... (Q ship and Z-32 share front and rear suspension design), now around the track, the Nissan GT-R driver is feeling a little uncomfortable as he can’t seem to shake Grand-dad, maybe just a little, but Grand-dad is still in his mirror, (Grand-Dad is a term of endearment we have for the Q-ship due to its “boringâ€, “no-one-looks at it†sex appeal, not even the police give it a second a look.) :lmao:

... Hmm... That makes about a 750-900 horsepower Q45... sleeper... :mparty:

You can probabaly rip about 600 pounds out of a Q45 and still have the stock interior and keep it stock looking. LOL

Around here you can get a great Q45 with around 100k miles for $2000...