HybridZ

incar video at 20lbs creeping to 26lbs at the top of 4th gear.

big-phil

One thing was brought up in your vid ive been meaning to ask you (maybe i did and forgot? hah). What did you do to mount those seats? And do they connect to the bracket through the bottom of the seat, or the sides?

I had to cut the seat rails out of the car and bolt the seats to the floor. The seats have their own sliders. The stock Datsun sliders bolted up perfect, but left the seat to high and my head was touching the roof. I'm 6'3" so they might be OK for some??

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why didnt you throw in the new cam again?!

i just now remembered.. i need to send you a new MAP with my cam lol

The car would just not pull as hard with it as the stock cam. It pulled good up to 6500-7000rpm, but left me lagging untill 4k rpm. The stock cam hits at 2800-3000 rpm. Not sure if it was a combo of my stock head, near stock intake? The stock cam felt better so I put it back in. Probly going to sell the (2 big for big-phil) big cam??

WOW!! do you really think I would? Its going to rain all weekend, so maybe after it clears up I'll take it to the dyno? I have got to know what this thing is putting down.

Garrett was right, he told me "get meth injection" Once it sprays you can feel the little extra kick in the pants. Its 100% meth. I was using windshield washer fluid, but found the 100% stuff for $4 a gallon. Its lasted me a month so far. Its a great investment guys! I have not heard one hint of detonation. And trust me I know what it sounds like:icon53:

Phil - Short answer is yes! My 911 is running 285/40/17 in the back and it hooks-up pretty good, based on the way you were struggling or fighting to keep your car straight in 1st and 2nd - definitely.

Meth is on the list when I get my L30ET up and running.

Yasin

I had to cut the seat rails out of the car and bolt the seats to the floor. The seats have their own sliders. The stock Datsun sliders bolted up perfect, but left the seat to high and my head was touching the roof. I'm 6'3" so they might be OK for some??

Im 6'2 6'3 myself so if its a problem for you probably for me. Nothing too complicated it seems though :D

Haahaha cool, Phil!! Ive been watching your progress since day one on here and youtube.. Ive been out there on the same backroads off Duncanville burning rubber for years..lol... your progress keeps me motivated on my 77' turbo!! In just a few short months youve eclipsed what Ive been doing and inspired me a lot. Sigh.. guess its Holset time..lol.. keep up the great work! :icon14:

Not to sidetrack, but I was really curious about the evolution of your z so I was reading through your old threads and found a quote that I thought was funny..

Now my wife already wants to kill me because I spent $150 on this "dam" car.

hahaha

Great vid Phil. I am installing an FJO meth setup in a couple weeks and then will turn my boost up to 20 psi. :) Like you I have no traction in 1st or 2nd right now, I can not imagine at 20 psi and meth! Your vid gives me a taste.