HybridZ

welcome s31-rb26

stony

Hey guys,

Clyde has been around for a long time and is on okinawa. He has a badass

rb26 swap check out his album in his signature. He is on okinawa and MATT formally Cheftrd on this forum did a lot of work on his car as he did on mine before mine went under the knife

Welcome clyde

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=16820

Thanks for the intro Stony. As you can see I've been around but really don't like to be in the lime light so...

NZeder and mattyice thanks for your complement.

As Stony states I owe a lot of thanks to Matt but also to my buddy Pat and to this form for where my car stands now. Not only has this forum given me inspiration for my Z but it has been a awesome source of information. Only within the past several months has people in Japan really started getting into RB powered Z so this forum was my only source of good solid information on RB Zs. I've been the owner of the car for 15+ years and this forum has helped improve my Z within the past 2 years than the total previous years that I've owned it. Much thanks to all the staff and members for this wonderful forum!

A little intro on my Z. The model I have is the S31 Fairlady-Z 200L with I purchased used over 15 years ago. The car was initially silver with Black Watanabes and came with a L28 engine, triple 44mm solex, headers and exhaust. It also came with stock A/C and power windows. The car has come a long way since then and the current looks of the car now is blue metallic with front spoilers, 240Z over fenders and 17" Works S1 wheels.

S31Engine-1.jpg

Engine & Engine Mgmt: RB26, SST Oil Pan, Infinity Mounts (not on yet), SDS, 720 Injectors, T78 Turbine, Type-C Wastgate, Type-R BOV, 3 Core Intercooler, AZC Radiator, Blitz SBC

Breaks & Suspension: Front - STi Brembo Calipers & R33 Project Mu Rotors, MML 5 Lug Hubs, Rear - MMI Disc Break Kit, Coilovers w/ Illuminas and Front Sway Bars

Drivetrain: DR30 R200 Longnose LSD, AZC Mustache Bar, Brace & Front Diff Mount, MML 5 Lug Axles & CV Adaptor, HR31 CV Shaft & R32 C71 Trans w/ OS Cross Gears

Others: Stainless Exhaust, Z Race Hood Dampers, Defi-Link Meters, Recaro SR-3 Seats, HID Head lights, F&R Sway Bars, Cusco Roll Cage (not in yet), etc...

The car is running out of registration this month and will go into the body shop in 2~3 months (want the old school look = white w/ gunmetal overfenders) so I'm planning on rewiring the entire car using Painless Wires. Also plan to build the engine while the chassis is in the shop. I already have the head ready go. Port & polished head with HKS cams, valve springs & cam gears. I just need to build the bottom end.

Also want to do this but much work tho...

Dash came from a R33 Skyline GTR, AC works too!!

z_23.jpg

Picture Credit to Common Snapper

http://www.commonsnapper.com/newsite/top.html#

Thanks,

Clyde

Thanks guys,

Glad you guys like my car and appreciate all your complements.

To answer S15 200sx owner on the wheels size (Also thanks for clarifying the "S31", its the same chassis as the 280Z).

Front 17 X 8 -7

Rear 17 X 9 -16

I ordered the Big Caliper type center piece to clear my STi Brembos. I'm working on changing out the rear to Brembos too. Currently waiting on Ross from Modern Motorsports to get back with me on some special spacers that I need made to make it work.

Thanks,

Clyde

Mine ended up being, with the RB 26 in it, a total of 2750 with me not in the car and no gas in the tank. Front to back bias was 51 front 49 rear using the zr200 mounts. Mine was gutted with a stock dash with no heater core, one FRP racing seat and a mild steel 10 point cage. I weighed it using hi tech scales that are calibrated every 90 days that we use at work for weighing aircraft cargo

I would imagine his is about the same plus or minus 100lbs. most of the rb Z's that i have seen were between 2600 and 2900 unless they were put on a serious diet.

Congrats on that car...well done. What are your impressions on that AZC moustache bar setup? Did it change the ride at all...any problems...Is it worth it? Im thinking of buying a set for some bling.

Cheers

Thanks! Looks awesome and fitment was perfect. Cant really say much for ride impression as my previous set up was a non LSD R180. The car runs and launches fine. I think its prefect for bling!