HybridZ

Pictures of my 5.3L install

Miles,

What connection did you use between the Datsun Shifter and the A/T? I've moved the long lever under the car to the driver's side of the tunnel and am now considering connecting it to the stock a/t cable or fabricating a lever to engage the a/t. What did you do?

Any other photos of under the car?

g

I did the same thing. I went to the local junkyard and got the linkage of an old Maxima. I will take a picture and post it. I wish the rod was a little longer but so far it seems to work. I will position the level on the transmission on top to make sure my gears are correct. After done I plan to post pictures of that too.

• 2 weeks later...

Miles, props on the 5.3L swap! I'm assuming you're running a factory ECM... what did you do about getting rid of VATS? Did you buy a harness or modify a stock one? I may have found a deal on a 5.3/4l60e combo complete so we may have another 530Z here very soon :rockon:

Oh, and did I hear you say you used factory camaro exhaust manifolds instead of block hugger headers? Have any pics of how you modded them?

Very nice. Awesome job on the hood. I used the Z28 shifter on my LT1/4L60E swap. I cut out part of the tunnel to lower it some and am using the Z28 cable instead of using rods. Works great and only a tiny hole through the floor for the cable is needed.

Miles, props on the 5.3L swap! I'm assuming you're running a factory ECM... what did you do about getting rid of VATS? Did you buy a harness or modify a stock one? I may have found a deal on a 5.3/4l60e combo complete so we may have another 530Z here very soon :rockon:

Oh, and did I hear you say you used factory camaro exhaust manifolds instead of block hugger headers? Have any pics of how you modded them?

I sent the harness to then, LT1 Wiring now Engine Wiring but had to send it back and should be getting it soon. Tom seems to be a nice guy at Engine Wiring and know what he is doing; so send him you business if you need their services. They reprogramed the computer and mod the harness.