HybridZ

Every 240z fan will OMG when u see this

Yes, those are '73 carbs.

Huh?

Those are aftermarket DGV's, not 73 carbs...

Also has that ugly 260z steering wheel with the huge horn button....

Not worth the asking price to me, but it has potential...

"On a scale of 1-10, I'd give the interior a 7."

7?

Wow, I want some of you guys as judges at a National Level when I enter my ride for judging! That's generous!

Must be a 'regional' thing...LOL

Where is the "cosmetic" console lid?

On cars later than 74. No lids on consoles pre-260Z.

I mean, 'cuffs and collars' don't match. claimed 31K miles...

Look at the engine bay inspection light and e-brake handle, as well as the console repair. I have seen several real low-mileage cars, and it just doesn't jibe that a car has a 'real' 31K on it, and has wear on these items.

I'm curious on production date as well. I have seen a 9/72 vehicle with some strange mismatched components, but not Weber DGV's, almost everyone kept those 72 SU's!

:wc:

The ad says cosmetic restoration not rotiserrie. That means "to me" that it was cleaned to look good.

The ad says new tires, wheels, AM/Fm stereo, Weber carbs etc. I don't see where it is misrepresented.

St Louis Museum is a reseller (read Used Car Lot) for neat/cool cars. Not Honeycutt, or Harrahs or Guggenheim. They sell cars.

Those lights will show any flaws in all but the most perfect of paint jobs.

Looks like a neat car, especially for a reported 31XXX miles.

Just my 2 cents. Your milage may vary.

No "OMG" but definatley two thumbs up. Needs to get rid of those screws in the door panels, four in the drivers side, two in passenger. Tailights are dry rotted. Front bumber is the equivelent of a big zit on your nose. 10K would be fair.

On cars later than 74. No lids on consoles pre-260Z.

I mean, 'cuffs and collars' don't match. claimed 31K miles...

Look at the engine bay inspection light and e-brake handle, as well as the console repair. I have seen several real low-mileage cars, and it just doesn't jibe that a car has a 'real' 31K on it, and has wear on these items.

I'm curious on production date as well. I have seen a 9/72 vehicle with some strange mismatched components, but not Weber DGV's, almost everyone kept those 72 SU's!

:wc:

LOL, I have owned 3 240's, all of which had the lid... never knew it wasn't stock.

am I still at hybridz.org???? are we saying we would rather see stock wheels and exhaust on that car? anyways I noticed a dent on the roll pan, lol.

I think it's more about the fact that to most of us want a 100% origonal and perfect car as a "blank slate" to start from. Reminds me of a common phrase in the mustang world:

"Everyone wants an unmolested 93 cobra to molest"

and likewise we all want a completely untouched virgin for our ideal motor choice.

If I'm completely wrong and people here actually value driving a 100% origonal 240Z, then I think something is wrong with them. There's a forum for them, it's called zcar...

• 2 weeks later...
No "OMG" but definatley two thumbs up. Needs to get rid of those screws in the door panels, four in the drivers side, two in passenger. Tailights are dry rotted. Front bumber is the equivelent of a big zit on your nose. 10K would be fair.

Are you serious! 10k? OMG no way. There is no way that car is that low mileage. I just sold a 71 with 47k actual miles for half that, and it was completely origanal and VERY low rust. And no pinto carbs!

I would say a fair price is closer to 2-3k. Don't get me wrong it's a nice car but not 10k or higher nice.