HybridZ

Circuit City messes up civic stereo installation - $12k in damage!

firm

GIJONAS, you can't make that blanket statement... Nope. Not gonna allow it...

Do you KNOW the people at the top of that corporate ladder? Do you even know if the complaint gets raised to that level?

No, this kind of comment is what's wrong with consumer rights cases right now... Don't assume anything in dealing with corporations.

Mike

Very true.However i would prefer that peolpe look at the top of the ladder and know that those who really make the companies decisions are corrupt "aholes" who dont actually care about customers unless one of their many unsatisfied makes a stink which could potentially hurt the bottom line,even then i really have to wonder.

It seems to me that any large company should have some sort of policy for processing calls made by customers who are that pissed off about something.Funny thing is i'm really not joking about it lol.

Yup, company decisions are made by a-holes. I'm a self described A-hole and I own my own company, actually two of them.

I'm sure Mike kelly is working diligently on a policy to deal with irate customers. Mine is already in place. complaint.gif

He got so upset dealing with it, he turned it over to his insurance company to fight and they ended up getting repairs, rental car, and an upgrade, but not without a lot of grief and headache.

Mike

Mike, thats a damn shame. Shame on Best Buy for not doing appropriate background checks. Some stores are desperate for "experienced" guys. My theory was that if you were jobless and experienced chances are you suck. I did extensive background research (I was well connected) and tended to hire smart and able folks that I could mold into installers. One guy went on to work for a very high end shop.

Did they make good on your buddies wife's car?

Evan

Doesnt the difficulty in getting retribution from the company say enough it itself about the companies upper ranks.

I have always looked at things in life this way:

Whether you problem has to do with a spark plug or people at a retail location - your wisest solution is to start at the the ROOT of the problem.

In this mindset yes i have more than enough confidence in my comment.

However blindfolds seem much more convenient.

Do you even know if the complaint gets raised to that level?

Nope i dont.However if complaints dont go that far i do know who is responsible for setting the policies in place for tham to not make it that far,the upper echelon that doesn't want to hear about it!

• Administrators

Jonas,

Whether you problem has to do with a spark plug or people at a retail location - your wisest solution is to start at the the ROOT of the problem.

In this mindset yes i have more than enough confidence in my comment.

In some cases, you point of view isn't completely unreasonable, but in many cases it *is* unreasonable. That's what Mike meant when he said "blanket statement". You can't say that about all entities.

Does the President know about all your speeding tickets? Nope. He's got bigger things to worry about. He delegates that authority to someone else. That doesn't make him a "corrupt ahole".

Does SuperDan know everything that goes on in this forum, including all the conversations and actions between every member and admin? Nope. Its not because he doesn't care... its because its an impossible load for one person. That's WHY we have multiple admins. He delegates that authority to people that he trusts. That doesn't make him a "corrupt ahole".

Not gonna allow it...

That statement is synonymous with asking you to stop. This is not the first time you've been asked to cease and you continue arguing. If you've been asked to stop, please do so. If you feel strongly enough about your position, then PM that admin and discuss it with him. Continuing to publicly banter is not your wisest choice.

Wow I'm thankful you posted this because I was going to have my some of my audio setup upgraded at Circuit City. Going to steer clear of them now, I'm looking for a professional place now to have the work done or I might just do it myself.

This is another one of those reasons why I just do the work myself on my truck, Its cheaper most of the time and you know if you did something right. The only time I take my truck to shops is to get an oil change. And I watch them do it.

Wow I'm thankful you posted this because I was going to have my some of my audio setup upgraded at Circuit City. Going to steer clear of them now, I'm looking for a professional place now to have the work done or I might just do it myself.

This is another one of those reasons why I just do the work myself on my truck, Its cheaper most of the time and you know if you did something right. The only time I take my truck to shops is to get an oil change. And I watch them do it.

All I can say is don't assume you will get superior service from a small shop compared to a chain!

That said, do it yourself man. What are you doing? PM me and Ill be happy to help you with info if you need it.

Evan

Alright!!! Take that Circuit city.

Avoiding all Circuit Citys because of a reported incident on the internet is pretty lame. Again, there's no proof that you'll get the same service at all of them. It's called people, and when you throw them into the mix you get all kinds of results.

Bottom line is there are more than a couple of sides to the story in that thread...

And I can tell you that owning a small 15 person company, where all my personnel are scattered thruout the Washington DC metro area, it's hard to know what each of them is doing day to day. I have that problem with 15 people. How many people does Circuit City employ? Expecting a nationwide chain HQ to know every incident where a customer is unhappy is one of the most unrealistic and unintelligent things I've read this weekend.

Again, it's that store's issue...In the end he did get refunded for the money he spent on equipment. Will he get refunded for the repairs to the damage they did? So did you guys look at the repair estimate from honda??? Who'se trying to screw him now? $12000 in repairs for some ac ducting, wiring harness and dash repairs???

Mike

Though I agree with you Mikelly, I also agree with the statement, "from the top down".

To advoid putting off a single company I will assess if thier is a pattern to the complaint. Since it is a major chain, it will be alot of complaints before I believe the company has a stinky head cheeze.

Circuit city has a pretty good rep due to how well they done in a highly compedtitive industry.

So rotten worker, spotty bad work,,,,,,, rotten manament, bad work all over. Companies are the life blood of this country and like everything in life, large or small, a few always ruin it for everyone.

What would you think if people hated you because you have a brother that is a rotten seed? Most Owners take great pride in there dream (company). The best do it for dream not the money. Rock on Mikelly!

Though I agree with you Mikelly, I also agree with the statement, "from the top down".

To advoid putting off a single company I will assess if thier is a pattern to the complaint. Since it is a major chain, it will be alot of complaints before I believe the company has a stinky head cheeze.

Circuit city has a pretty good rep due to how well they done in a highly compedtitive industry.

So rotten worker, spotty bad work,,,,,,, rotten manament, bad work all over. Companies are the life blood of this country and like everything in life, large or small, a few always ruin it for everyone.

What would you think if people hated you because you have a brother that is a rotten seed? Most Owners take great pride in there dream (company). The best do it for dream not the money. Rock on Mikelly!

Make no mistake about it the "Corporate Theme" is to stomp out competition. Do it better and make more profit than anyone else, which is why most have shipped manufacturing over to third world countries to take advantage of low or non existant taxes and cheap labor. Granted small companies are or seem to be content with just carving out their niche and leaving it at that, but most people that head a company want it to grow and be more successfull. IMO that doesn't always jive with the engineers oath 1. Public safety and welfare. I've always had a problem with that. Take some of our members for example, good little small businesses, probably not expanding to the world market like Boyd Coddington, edelbrock, weiand, etc. They just do what they do, maybe something new here and there, and make a living.

At least that's what I do, so that gets me work, enough to get by. I'm happy with that work aspect. Yeah, sometimes I'd like more, but more is not what life is about. I would rather have people like me for who and what I am, my generosity, kindness, knowledge and friendship rather than how much money I make or how big my company is. That doesn't make me a good CEO IMO but it doesn't make me a bad one either!

That is what makes hybridz such a great place. We have a great CEO. Take a look at the many varied talents from fabrication, engine building, transmissions, rear ends, to electrical, fuel, megasquirt, etc, etc. All available at the stroke of the keyboard and in some cases they will come and help you if your in the area whether they have money, power, social standing or not. It's for the love of a shared interest and genuine caring.

If you take the time to meet the members you will be rewarded. I was rewarded going to sez (dni) and getting to meet some really great people (too many to list) and I have been rewarded meeting the owner as well as several members in California and colorado. Truly amazing!

Imagine what it would be like to meet the heads of the companies that are getting bad mouthed, you might find that they are just the same as you and I are, might even like z cars and even more. Take the opportunity and ponder the possibility of meeting the CEO before you dislike them. Just my opinion though, take it for what you want.

Well CC made 2 mistakes. One on the local level and, one on the corp level.

1.screwing up in the first place.

2. "Putting" off addressing the issue from customers complaints.

Now to just clarify. The owner didn't generalize (at first) that its whole CC corp fault. He specify which store was at fault. He also started the thread AFTER taking it to the NY CC location and there opinion on what to do.

The district manage told him to take it to a dealer and get an estimate to repair it to OEM state (could be just generalized statement from owner's post). Stating "to OEM state" justifies the EVERYTHING listed, regardless if some parts only slightly superficially damaged. So I guess they made 3 mistakes:p

Make no mistake about it the "Corporate Theme" is to stomp out competition. Do it better and make more profit than anyone else, which is why most have shipped manufacturing over to third world countries to take advantage of low or non existant taxes and cheap labor. Granted small companies are or seem to be content with just carving out their niche and leaving it at that, but most people that head a company want it to grow and be more successfull. IMO that doesn't always jive with the engineers oath 1. Public safety and welfare. I've always had a problem with that. Take some of our members for example, good little small businesses, probably not expanding to the world market like Boyd Coddington, edelbrock, weiand, etc. They just do what they do, maybe something new here and there, and make a living.

At least that's what I do, so that gets me work, enough to get by. I'm happy with that work aspect. Yeah, sometimes I'd like more, but more is not what life is about. I would rather have people like me for who and what I am, my generosity, kindness, knowledge and friendship rather than how much money I make or how big my company is. That doesn't make me a good CEO IMO but it doesn't make me a bad one either!

That is what makes hybridz such a great place. We have a great CEO. Take a look at the many varied talents from fabrication, engine building, transmissions, rear ends, to electrical, fuel, megasquirt, etc, etc. All available at the stroke of the keyboard and in some cases they will come and help you if your in the area whether they have money, power, social standing or not. It's for the love of a shared interest and genuine caring.

If you take the time to meet the members you will be rewarded. I was rewarded going to sez (dni) and getting to meet some really great people (too many to list) and I have been rewarded meeting the owner as well as several members in California and colorado. Truly amazing!

Imagine what it would be like to meet the heads of the companies that are getting bad mouthed, you might find that they are just the same as you and I are, might even like z cars and even more. Take the opportunity and ponder the possibility of meeting the CEO before you dislike them. Just my opinion though, take it for what you want.

Yes, I agree, Doc! Very good post indeed! This is what it's all about, for me at least. I am always talking about things I read here on the forum with my family, sometimes more than they care to hear. When we get together for dinner with my parents, my Dad asks, "anything good on your Z site lately"?

Now he can hardly put a square or round peg in the proper hole, but he can appreciate the satisfaction we all get here on HybridZ.