HybridZ

Wow what an impressive spoiler

BurnoutZ

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...

Not only is that "Z" have a 4x4 suspension on it, but it appears as though it's either a 240Z with early 280Z bumpers on it, or a 280Z with 240 taillights? not only that but I swear those bumpers are mounted upside down AND backwards.

I could be wrong on that last part...

Did anyone notice the size and height/angle of the Apr spoiler they tested? It was nothing like this one.

Thats what ive been saying... my reasoning on creating this thread was to show how silly the spoiler looks. Way to high and almost flat... you can def. tell it was probably a home production.

Hmm. I guess if you say so... but i dont think so. I think the top would have to angled alittle forward and the base supports angled alittle backwards making it to hang off the back some. But wouldnt a whale tail provide the most downforce...

05-07-wing2.jpg

100_2367_resized_0.JPG

05-07-wing1.jpg

this is the spoiler i referred to earlier in the thread.

Yeh the shorter wings of that type dont look to bad. It's just that guy who owns the car in the first pic... it looks like he took a hammer and nails and tacted up a really high ugly pos in hopes of adding alot of downforce. Maybe it does add alot of downforce... but at what cost? Haha. I couldnt believe it when i first saw the picture... somebody would ruin a z that much. In my opinion... wouldnt a whaletail handle better than that aluminum "touring wing" type spoiler? On drag racing cars they usually have an aluminum spoiler that sits straight off the back.

In response to the remark on the whale tail, yes it would do a better job, but from the windtunnel test it did too good a job and was determined to only be useful with a properly setup front fascia design...apparently one we haven't seen yet...