HybridZ

My racecar progress

zr240

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, especially the flares.

But somebody stole your motor and dropped some type of imposter motor in there........

Cannot wait until the fall of the year to do a couple of track events.

Summer is just too hot if it is just for fun.

Tom

Thanks guys. always nice to get good feedback :)

The gusets between the a piler are just flat steel with holesaw holes all the way up it :)

The wheels are from a local company in Aus called performance wheels. They are a copy of the globe wheels and are 16 x 10.

Ash

I love what you did with the flares and front airdam everything really blends well and looks sweet!!

Agreed. Nice job on the front end. Can't really see if you sealed the air dam to the rad support, but that would be a good idea. Did you read the wind tunnel test info? Keep the pics coming! Some of us need a little inspiring...

Thanks again :)

The spoiler is removable and the original front valance is under it.

I will definatly seal the area between the spoiler and rad support( havent done it yet)

I read a little of the aero section and I think the main info I got was the sealing of that section.

Its been 4 yrs so far so its really great to have it getting closer to being ready to test :)

Ash

How did you go about making the fiberglass (I assume) molds.

I'm going to be building up the fenders with foam on my project car, and then sanding them down to shape, spraying gel coat, and making a mold. If everything goes well with the mold, I'll make one out of fiberglass and if it turns out well, one out of carbon fiber. Then I'll cut off the steel fender in the offending area, and bam.. carbon fiber 1/4 panels. I need a nice new vacuum pump for infusion though.

• 1 month later...