HybridZ

Thick wheel adapters? Check out this Ferrari replicar build on Youtube

hughdogz

that is horrid, but not at all uncommon. i used to have an sw20 like that and would always see the same thing being done. ouch. funny, they all seemed to be hispanic, too. then they'd throw all the little stupid neon bells and whitsles on it from 'that aisle' in vato zone, pardon me, auto zone. ick.

that is horrid, but not at all uncommon. i used to have an sw20 like that and would always see the same thing being done. ouch. funny, they all seemed to be hispanic, too. then they'd throw all the little stupid neon bells and whitsles on it from 'that aisle' in vato zone, pardon me, auto zone. ick.

I really mean no offense by this, but I hope we can refrain from any more derogatory comments such as this one. I think we can all share opinions on the build, but let's try to keep ethnicity out of it...

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes, or crossing the line here, but I thought this was something I should say since I started the thread.

Cheers, -Hugh :icon14:

I really mean no offense by this, but I hope we can refrain from any more derogatory comments such as this one. I think we can all share opinions on the build, but let's try to keep ethnicity out of it...

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes, or crossing the line here, but I thought this was something I should say since I started the thread.

Cheers, -Hugh :icon14:

simply observed that the guy in the vid was hispanic, and the 3 guys with "widebody" mr2 here are s well. the "vato zone" insert s an age old crack and shouldn't offend anyone with a sense of humor.

guys... you don't insult the velarossa builders here, right? it's really no different building a ferrari out of an mr2 or a fiero than it is converting 280z into a 250gto

agreed, don;t really care for those either. but they look more tastefully done than the mr2's with hidden weldd in angle iron supporting the new panels, lol.

I think the build itself came out very nice. I'd drive it.

The wheel spacers where a little over the top.

I'm not sure I understand or agree on the hispanic thing, it's a RHD.

I think the guy did a great job! I would be proud of that level of work, and amount. I have a soft spot for Ferrari's. I've driven a few real ones, and I'm in love. Probably will never be able to afford a 328 GTS.

He gets a thumbs up from me :rockon: I like a good ethnic joke, but I don't feel this is appropriate either.

I was impressed with the overall build, actually...the interior made me laugh, though, and the wheels are pretty nasty. As it was said, put the right wheels on it, and it'll look great. A few minor changes in detail and a turbo or motor swap, and he's got a hell of a car without the price.

That S13 up there...LORD. That guy is just asking for trouble.

I'm guessing that the style has changed and that people actually don't like having big fat lips on their wheels anymore?!? WTF is up with people that they'd let style dictate to the point that they run a friggin 8" wheel spacer. I can't imagine that being very good for the wheel bearings, even if you could make it strong enough and well balanced enough to be safe. I'd personally go the other way and just run a wheel like you'd find in this thread:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=106563

That can't be even sort of safe or easy on the bearings! I can't see the wheel studs holding either.

The car on the outside looked pretty decent but the pics it showed of the kit being attached looked shady at best. The interior is hideous! Overall I'm not really impressed by the work.

Guy

I'm guessing that the style has changed and that people actually don't like having big fat lips on their wheels anymore?!? WTF is up with people that they'd let style dictate to the point that they run a friggin 8" wheel spacer. I can't imagine that being very good for the wheel bearings, even if you could make it strong enough and well balanced enough to be safe. I'd personally go the other way and just run a wheel like you'd find in this thread:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=106563

You probably can't make it strong enough. That has always been my problem with wheel adaptors, even those only up to 2" thick. I'm even hesitant to run wheel spacers.

That kind of talk will get you in trouble in AZ. When you say, "they all" and "vato zone" you include a lot of people. Not all Hispanics associate themselves with being "vato", so be careful.

Anyway, those spacers are going WAY screw up the bearings! The interior is fugly at best. Overall, there is no way I would ever want to drive anything like that.