HybridZ

Pic request: Let's see your MOMO/Nardi steering wheels!

MazterDizazter

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nardi here.

guagessmall.jpg

I am in the process of finding another wheel for my new track car. I am going with the Momo brand. I have been considering a MOD-78 350mm flat spoke. I am using a bolt on quick release with adaptor. The stack height is quite thick so I need a flat spoked wheel.

I have made a few measurements of other cars and seating positions. Most of the S-30s I think fit me well have 32-34" from the column flange(firewall) to the back side of the hand grip. You can do the math. You will need a dished wheel if you use a standard adaptor without a quick release(or arms like an ape)

BJ,

I'll have to find another picture somewhere to guess the distance. If I recall correctly the wheel rim itself was about 4" from the upper eyebrows of the dash.

ZMaster,

Thats a gear indicator for the Quaife sequential 5 speed dog box I ran in the car.

QuaifeTrans4.jpg

Hop in!

My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I were walking through Milan, Italy and I saw this steering wheel in the window of a tire shop. I went in and asked to buy it but it wasn't for sale. So my wife said she'd give them $90 for it and it was mine! The GF bought it for me for my birthday that Summer. Now she's my wife.

86583075_txura-L.jpg

Behind the wheel, I have a home-made, billet aluminum, steering wheel hub with home-made horn contacts and spline. Why? I was young with a lot of time and no money. :icon56:

I should replace it with a crush-type hub.

Anyone say period correct ... at least for the '80s. Yeah that's a Momo. It was there when I bought and it's too ugly to get rid of. I actually have the black dye I just cant do it. Was trying to explain Benetton & F1 to a kid at the autocross ... he didn't get it.

P10100491.JPG

Cameron

That interior is Ferrari-like^^^^ I love the BMW seats with that wheel. It is stunning.

Ummm... Loose the toupee

LOL. Thanks. The toupee is to keep the UV off the dash. I also really like that it reduces the glare a great deal. No cracks in my dash yet and I try to keep it that way. I would love to flock the dash someday rally-style. Yes, I said flock... :wink:

why is your tachometer croocked???

That's been discussed before (probably b/c of this same pic, lol), it's just a personal preference for racing. Similar to designing 70mph right at the top of a speedometer so you know where you're at with a glance on the highway.

Loving all the wheels. Can you guys start posting sizes along with your pics too?