HybridZ

My other project in the works.

rustrocket

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt able to get it on video, but i took my dad for a ride around the block today. He's the whole reason i built this car, and today was his last day before back home to peru (he called this his farewell tour).

I had no radiator, just a ghetto return pipe from water pump back into itself. My dad was holding the gauges, and i had no seat belts or gear shift knob, and we were sorting out electrical gremlins between starts :-) Regardless, took it down the street, gave it a little gas and the whole thing threw us back in our seats. Drove around the block, and on the way back, at 2nd gear and probably about 15-20 mph (no speedo) i punched it. The whole car pitched sideways and moved over half a lane before i eased off and turned back onto my street. My dad said he was looking for the rear of the car to come in front of him.

It needs a few things, but it's pretty much there! All this work is finally paying off...

I just keep looking at your build with shear delight, and absolutely can not wait for a proper video of this beast. I instantly associate your project with the rat fink logo, smoke billowing out the back and all. Looking forward to finally of this build....

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...