HybridZ

My other project in the works.

rustrocket

The progress looks really good! I think your cage/frame is certainly stout enough--can you say rigidity? I also am impressed by the design of the headers. The welds are not pretty looking, but probably more than functional and not ground yet, so no biggie. This car will deserve a place in CarCraft or Hot Rod for sure. I love this "little" project :2thumbs:

Davy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I agree on the headers, although they do have good penetration. I'll clean them up before having them ceramic coated.

There's still so much in the air about the flares, both front and rear. one of the suggestions i like is welding the back half of the back door shut, moving the b pillar back, and making one big door out of the remaining half of the back door molded to the front door. Make sense? Thoughts?

What would you do for glass in that case?

My thoughts exactly. I do think that would look the most cool, plus you are turning it into a 2 door which is more sporty :D LOL! If you could swing it (and it won't be cheap), having the doors combined like you mentioned would look completely insane! Oh yeah, I really like the bully dog in the pics--too cool :2thumbs:

One more thing, make sure you get a picture of yourself and the dog in the car when you're done--both of you wear shades...it'll be car magazine material for sure!

Davy

How about an RX8 Suicide like door for the Back?

Still weld up the back half of the door but have the front half of the back door swing backwards. That way it doesn't matter who you park beside as you won't have a really big front door.

04rx8_2.jpg

I do also like the idea of how the door is now. Because when you open the rear door, you have this big meaty tire looking right at you, kind of says, "Oh yeah, I mean business, not just for show.

• 3 months later...

IT's been waaaaay too long since an update. UNfortunately not much has happened since my last update. Changed the trans mount so it unbolts from the bottom now, not the top, for easy removal. Floors/firewall are almost finished (at my friends shop).

Should be back to me in a couple weeks, then all i have left is:

shorten axles

make driveshaft

coat chassis

install cam/valve springs

wiring

make fenders/dash.

Thoughts?

aP1070784.jpg

aP1070788.jpg

aP1070791.jpg

aP1070798.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I still have a TON of work to do, but this thing should be driving by the end of the week. Maybe not very far, but my dad is here through sunday and i'll be damned if he doesnt ride in it.

Got it fired up today. You guys all know the feeling you get when you find out everything works and the motor actually starts up. Sounds pretty mean, the video doesnt do it justice though.

On a similar note, the oil pressure is pretty low. About 25 psi at idle (1300 rpm, cold), and about 50 psi when i revved it up. Using autometer phantom gauges. I didnt run the engine for more than what you saw in the video.

Thoughts?

Almost enough to bring a tear to man's eye. 25psi does seem a little low, but I'm not one to know for sure. What weight oil are you running?

I can't wait for more video. Maybe I need to make a trek out there this week to get a clip of it riding down the street or something.