HybridZ

Armand's SR20DET 1971 Series 1 240Z (Pics)

Heya everyone,

So it's been about 2 years since I've owned my 240z and it is almost completed. I didn't really take any pictures of it's progress but I can show you some pics from the day I bought it. So here is the long list of mods:

Engine:

-S13 Red-top SR20DET <35,000 miles

-Blitz Boost Controller

-Tial blow off valve

-Aluminum Radiator w/ 14" puller fan

-Custom Master Cylinder Heat Shield

-3" Straight Mandrel Bent exhaust to Borla XR-1 Straight Through Race Muffler w/ Magnaflow tip

-Effin huge intercooler

Projected Numbers:

255RWHP

Quarter Mile-Mid to high 12's

0-60-4.4?

I took it a truck scale to get weighed, came out to 2400lb's with a full tank of gas, full interior with insulation, and an 8-speaker, two amp stereo system. Not too shabby.

Suspension:

-Modern-Motorsports Coil-Overs

-Tokico Illumina's

-Polyurethane everywhere

-Arizona Z Car Bump/Quick steer knuckles

-Suspension Techniques Sway Bars Front/Rear

-TechnoToyTuning Adjust T/C Rods

-MSA Street Camber Kit(hate it)

-New Ball Joints, inner/outer Tie-Rods, and wheel bearings.

Drivetrain:

-16x8 Rota RB's +04 Offset

-225/50/16 Falken Azenis

-1987 300zx 3.7 Twin Turbo R200 LSD

-Shortened/balanced driveshaft w/ new u-joints

-Toyota 4x4 Vented Front

-240sx Rear Setup

-SS Lines

-Wilwood Proportion Valve

-New 78 280zx Master cylinder

-New Booster

-Calipers Por-15'd Silver

-KVR Pads all around

Interior:

-Really cheap ebay seats

-Auto-Meter Sport-Comp Boost, Speedo, Tach, Temperature, Oil, and Fuel gauges.

-Momo Pedals

-Grant Steering Wheels

-Greddy Counter-Weight shift knob

-MSA "Z" Mats

-Dash-Mat

-PDK Rear Strut Bar

-Computer Lighting for foot area

-Blue Lighting for gauges

-Alpine 9851 Head Unit

-Infinity Kappa 60.7 Components in the doors

-Infinity Kappa 3-way 6x9's in the rear MSA speaker box

-Alpine MRP-F250 powers the above^^

-Kenwood dual 6" subs w/ 175watt amp in the spare wheel well

-Fatmat everywhere

-Auto-Mat everywhere

-Custom center console mount

-MSA CF-Look cup-holder

-MSA Modern Fuse-Box

-Custom Turn Signal Lights

Exterior:

-MSA Front Air Dam

-BRE Rear Spoiler

-JDM Fender Mirrors

-35% Tints on the side, 20% on the back window

-MSA Headlight Covers

-Piaa Driving Lights

-Rear Fenders rolled

-Completely new Weatherstripping everywhere

Things left to do:

-Get the frame aligned

-PDK Front Strut Bar

-Corner Balancing and alignment

-Baddog frame rails front/rear

-LED turn signals, brake lights, and corner lights

-Suede steering wheel/shift boot with orange stitching

-Maybe suede covered dash cap with orange stitching, we'll see.

AND THAT'S IT!!! Oh and I ordered a custom license plate that reads: "ZBEEEST" :-D

I would also like to mention that the engine swap was entirely done by Adrian at www.vildinimotorsport.com. Adrian did a SUPER clean job and also did a lot of electrical work that needed to be done on my car. He knows everything there is to know about these cars, and did a wonderful job. He's a super nice guy in person too. He did a bunch of random little things for me that I didn't ask for too, that made maintenance and general work on the car much, much easier. His prices were also very fair, considering he was by himself at the shop and dedicated almost an entire month to my car. He did all the welding, fabrication, electrical, fuel, exhaust,gauges all with his two hands. If you're in the So Cal area I would highly recommend him to do any of your engine swaps.

A few nights ago I was driving home and a new convertible M6 pulled up by me at an intersection and revved his engine. Looked like a pretty young guy, about my age, probably not his car. Anyways I got a pretty damn good launch, even though he took me off the line I caught up to him and slowly passed him!!! I was so ecstatic that I just beat a brand new 500hp M6!!! My car was also running the fastest it ever was, this was late around midnight and the temperature was around 60 degree's, nice and cool. :-D Gotta LOVE power to weight ratio baby.

Here are the pics!

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3408.jpg

For those of you who are familiar with Stunt Road off of Mulholland Highway in So Cal:

IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3423.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

I am going to upload some more pictures tonight of the gauges/computer lighting at dark. I also have a video of motor revving that is taking forever to upload. But it should be up soon!

Thanks for looking, and Adrian, once again a BIG thank you to you!!

Beautiful Z you've got there, very nice indeed. The vacuum caps on the T-bolt clamps is a unique touch. :)

-Suede steering wheel/shift boot with orange stitching

I have an extra suede shift boot with orange stitching left over from when I did the interior of my car. I Think it might be a little too small for the opening and thats why they made two but you might be able to use it anyway, your more than welcome to have it....

you left out one key specification....

How many dead bodies can you hide under the hood in all that extra space now? :D

I LOVE the way it sounds, I never would have guessed it was a turbo 4 cyl from the video. Great looking car!!

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I'm going to have to take a better video of the exhaust note. I'm just gonna have my brother record a video of my launching several times. That video really does not do justice AT ALL! I need to heat it up more next time, so when the RPM's are falling down you guys can see some fire out the exhaust. :-D

I took some pics of the gauges/lights last night but the exposure on my camera was really low and my brother wasn't home so I couldn't figure out how to raise it up. I'm gonna take some better pics tonight and post them up. I'll probably do the video tomorrow on my day off.

EMWHYR0HEN, did you take into the account of the 2400lb curb weight? I've beaten an M6 up till 130mph and that's supposed to do the quarter mile in 12.8. I know a guy who has his 240z dyno'd to 209 to the wheel and he ran a 13.4 with his 73, which is heavier too. I also have NO traction problems at all. I can take a launch from just under 4000RPM and have nearly no wheel spin, and no slipping through all shifts.