HybridZ

Suicide or Lambo doors?

i have a 76 280, the doors are both broken and wont close so i figured i'd go ahead and improve the looks, so has anyone done a suicide or lambo door kit?? if anyone has please let me know how difficult it was or if you have any pics that would be awsome. i appreciate your time, thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as looks are concerned, it's better than I expected. However, just looking at it, it seems like it would be a circus act trying to get in and out of the car (at least with that opening angle). Just fix the doors, any decent lambo kit is north of $1500 any way. There are cheap kits, but you get what you pay for (cheap kit = gay hinges and bad fit). Anything that's wrong with the doors can't be that bad or expensive. Just my .02

I think the lambo doors look nice, even though they are highly impractical, and with the weight and size of the Z doors, they would need CONSTANT adjustments just to keep them fitting right. The car sits low enough that you're going to have to "dance" your way into the car.

I like suicide doors as well, but on the Z, the seat back is right beside the door frame. You'd be putting your butt in the door hinge just to sit down, all while holding onto your window trim/pillar for balance.

Take your doors off, and try getting in and out of the seat (on both sides) a couple dozen times with nothing to hold on to. You'll quickly find that the doors work best right where they are

I agree that there is just something wrong with lambo doors on a z car.

If the doors are that bad you could weld them shut and climb in through the hatch.

Just imagine a car with no door seam. It would smooth up the whole side of the car and improve the aerodynamics.:)

I agree that there is just something wrong with lambo doors on a z car.

If the doors are that bad you could weld them shut and climb in through the hatch.

Just imagine a car with no door seam. It would smooth up the whole side of the car and improve the aerodynamics.:)

Dukes of hazard anyone? Ive actually tried to jump into the z through the window.....didn't go well....:icon_frow