HybridZ

Its Painted!!!!!!!!

jeffer949

Well I got her painted today. Im decently pleased with how it came out considering its the first time ive shot a whole car.

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01207.jpg

DSC01208.jpg

Well Is got a big of debree in it. So it needs a wetsand and buff really bad. But ill have to do that later after i move. Well let me know what you think.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know i have alot of work ahead of me but still glad i got it done. It wont be a show car its just my DD. Yes the flares and fender mirrors are going to be painted body color.

Yes Calgary280zt that is the same car that was painted in rustoleum. But i took the car down to metal so im not sure how much help i would be to ya unless you did the same.

Yes that was an exhaust fan that honestly worked to well. When i completely closed up the booth it would suck the whole thing in. and that was with 4 huge filters on the back wall. So i had to keep the back wall open a bit so it would work and thats why i got so much debree on my paint. Wish i could of made it better but since a hurricane is going to come today i had to get it done. If your going to make one.

A) only buy the really thick plastic thats 6mil i think.

B) Make sure you put all your plastic on the outside of your frame. I tried to put some of it on the inside and then staple it and that didnt work.

Oh well live and learn and then learn to never do your own body work lol.

Also i used the Nason Base clear system. Its made by Dupont. Its just there lower paint and I could not have been happier spraying it. It went on very well I didnt get any runs in the paint or the clear and im not that experienced. I even got it on pretty thick once and i thought for sure it was going to run but it didnt.

y's the colour a secret? :P if thats brickyard, its dam dark when not in daylight huh!

either way its looking sexy, i can't wait for more pics of it finished, and atleast after the roll on paint job ur a pro at wet sanding paint!?!!

Its not really a secret its actually in a different thread. Ill tell ya it isnt Brickyard. And yes it is a lot nicer than my roll on job. Yes ill have alot of wet sanding to do but i think it will go alot better and the end results will be MUCH better. Its not perfect and my body work isnt perfect but ehh ill have to live with it for now.

Also i used the Nason Base clear system. Its made by Dupont. Its just there lower paint and I could not have been happier spraying it. It went on very well I didnt get any runs in the paint or the clear and im not that experienced. I even got it on pretty thick once and i thought for sure it was going to run but it didnt.

How many coats of base and clear did you spray?

Do you mind me asking you how much just the paint & clear cost you total? I'm hopefully going to be spraying the car in late september/early october and need to start looking at paint options that won't break the bank.

I bought 3 quarts of paint and a gallon of clear with all the reducers and activators. That was more than enough to paint my car. I still need to paint my flares and jambs but i have probably around a quart left. And i only used about half my clear. I did 3 coats of each 3 paint, 3 clear

Oh ya i spent around $300 for all of that. I think it was money well spent.