HybridZ

Its Painted!!!!!!!!

jeffer949

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good Jeff. I am not sure how much of this storm we are going to get. But the local news is eating it up right now with super bonus coverage of TS Fay.

Yahoo!!!! Luckily it is my day off so I do not have to be out in it unless they call us and cancel our days off.

Might have to accidently not here the phone ring.

Tom

^^ just remember, no matter how much you spend on paint, a good prep job is key. My car took about 3 months of prep (sanding, filling, primer, sanding, blocking, etc.) so factor that time in as well.

And speaking of which, Jeffer949, for those of us who have been losers and not keeping up with your build, how long did it take you to prep? and what process did you use?

Im not going to write out what all happened to my car again so here is the build thread link http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=135703

As for the door jambs and under the deck lid.. They haven't been done yet. Normally you would spray them first and then do the car. Im on a need to get it done scenario so i will have to mask every thing off and do it later. Not the best way to do it but its the way im having to do it.

And for the price on every thing? If you just want material costs like all my primer fillers and sand paper and all that i would say i as around the 600-800 mark. i have all the receipts around here somewhere but i dont really care to add them up lol