HybridZ

Weatherstrip Rubber Kits

I got mine from BD I think there good but, don't use the glue that comes with it because the tube I got with the kit didn't stick very well.

Did the doors close OK after installing the BD weatherstrip? If so I'm ordering tomorrow. I was just worrying about that one point, as it seems to be a major problem with many aftermarket seals like these.

I still have the original welting, in great condition, just waiting all alone for new rubber to hold on my doors- so I don't have to worry so much about adhesives. :D

Thanks.

Has anyone tried a different type of weatherstripping other than Precision? It's been over a year since I replaced all my weatherstripping and my doors STILL need a good force to close it. No it's not my hinge, my doors used to close with almost zero effort with my old weatherstripping.

This is what I'm afraid of. My doors close perfectly, with almost no effort. Of course the seals are dry and have shrunk back. But they're perfectly aligned. I would hate to do anything that introduces any misalignment or problem with the doors because I tried to save a few bucks.

Isn't there one door kit that works perfectly but is a bit costly? I'd risk the few bucks that the BD kits goes for, but there has to be a fall back plan- either finding OEM or something that fits that is made today. This is the biggest problem facing my Z today.

For your info, in France the deal for the weatherstrip is to buy some straight joint which doesn't need glue anymore. You just clamp them around the door opening.

This is not a kit dedicated for the Z, just some rubber joint at the correct spec.

See the link below. It's in French but you can get the idea.

http://www.comptoir-carrosserie.fr/profil-de-porte-a-armature-metallique-723/product_info.php/products_id/834

It cost 5,60€ per meter. you need 8m to do the 2 doors apparently. Clean, cheap and it seems to work quite well ;)

You can buy the same stuff that Lazeum is talking about from McMaster-Carr for about $25-30 a side. You need about 15 feet per side. I can't remember the part number off hand. I used this on my passenger side door and it works perfectly and looks great. I will be ordering it for the driver side door as soon as I finish painting the car.

Edit: Part number is 1120A33 at http://www.mcmaster.com

My 240 is going in for paint in a few weeks.

While it's apart I want to replace the rubber around

the windows, doors, hatch etc.

Motosport is out of stock. Any ideas as to the quality

rubber kit Black Dragon has?

thanks in advance.

i can supply you with a hatch seal and door lock gaskets. premium stuff-i had a comment from a z owner that has restored many and feels the hatch seal is better than what nissan sold. i have them priced in a group buy here on hybrid. let me know if you're interested and i can give u the link for pricing.