HybridZ

AC/DC AND Metallica

S30TRBO

new music coming soon...................

I heard a few new songs on the radio from Metallica this morning and was like what.....:shock: If you are a fan of "old" Metallica 6 minute plus songs-well there back!! Then the DJ said something about AC/DC new album coming out in October again....:shock:

:trippen:HELLS YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:trippen:

~Metallica 'Death Magnetic' release on September 12th. http://www.metallica.com Samples:http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601197

~AC/DC 'Black Ice' release on October 20th. http://www.acdc.com/ The first album in 8 years!

:trippen:HELLS YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:trippen:

I got the Metallica Album.

It falls somewhere between the Black Album and Load, and only two of the songs are under 7 minutes in length. Some are quite harder than Metallica's previous attempts at new rock. We can't expect them to be like they were before the Black Album because James' voice changed, he took vocal lessons, and he dulled his teenage voice to a point where it wasn't so obnoxious (the good obnoxious, though!... :?)

A lot of the songs I didn't appreciate until I listened more and more. Unforgiven III was nothing like Unforgiven or Unforgiven II, but I think it's my favourite song either way. It's quite "Load" like. I liked Load so it's all good =) The solo is awesome if you liked the similarily played solos from their string heavy songs like "Bleeding Me".

I give this album a 9/10. I think Rick Rubin and the boys did right in kicking Bob Rock to the road-side.

"how can I be lossssssssssst, when I got nowhere to gooooooo0o0o0o0..."

:trippen:

sorry bud, it's pretty unanimous that St. Anger was a pile of steaming excrement, even Metallica said so :)

Listen to everything before Load/Reload albums. Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are probably their best work. I'd have to give MOP props as my fave album. Everything on it is good

The songs still sound a little overproduced..

Per chance, how so, or rather what do you mean?

IMHO Rick Rubin is a great producer; Johnny Cash:"The Man Comes Around", Tom Petty, Beastie Boys, U2, RHCP the list goes on. He was credited for the merging of rap with heavy metal if that's not huge to some. Personally I was not a fan of St. Anger and Rick Rubin guided Metallica back from the dead with this new album. They made a huge turn from St. Anger and only can get better from here out.