HybridZ

E85, GT42R dyno results...

TimZ

Well, I finally got a chance to get my car back to the dyno, just to confirm my suspicions on the E85 conversion I did over the winter. Very pleased with the results.

The major changes since this thread consisted mainly of:

• actually dialing in the cam correctly (it appears to have been retarded quite a bit before)
  • Switching to E85 - actually more like E70 now (winter mix)

I made a few other changes, mostly with high rpm longevity in mind:

• Kameari chain tensioner
  • Ferrea super alloy valves
  • titanium retainers
  • lightened/balanced/polished the rockers
  • fresh set of rings/bearings

081020-1.jpg

The blue lines were from today on E85, the red from last year on Sunoco 94

Just to put things into perspective, here it is vs. a stock Z06 on the same dyno...

081020-2.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too would be interested in the changes. I would like to be able to run E85 in my draw-thru turbo setup.....I am concerned with the octane rating. I was told not to go above 15lbs of boost on pump gas, but I believe that I might be able to go to 18lbs or even 20lbs. where my cut off is..........I know my motor was built back in the late 70's early 80's to run up to 21lbs of boost. But I was told to only go that high with 110....

I am jealous of your #'s that is off the chart!!!!!!!!!

Great numbers Tim. Is this a twinscroll turbine housing/header or the same sfp header you used in previous setups?

Thanks everyone.

It's the same evil SFP header, slightly modified to allow the GT42 to fit in the engine bay, and with stainless expansion joints added to fight the tendency for warping. I also added bracing to take some of the stress off of the flange area.

It's the same evil SFP header, slightly modified to allow the GT42 to fit in the engine bay, and with stainless expansion joints added to fight the tendency for warping. I also added bracing to take some of the stress off of the flange area.

AWESOME numbers!

BTW, that crappy exhaust manifold will never work :rolleyes:

You need one of those exotic, equal length bag-of-snakes :D

I too would be interested in the changes. I would like to be able to run E85 in my draw-thru turbo setup.....I am concerned with the octane rating. I was told not to go above 15lbs of boost on pump gas, but I believe that I might be able to go to 18lbs or even 20lbs. where my cut off is..........I know my motor was built back in the late 70's early 80's to run up to 21lbs of boost. But I was told to only go that high with 110....

I am jealous of your #'s that is off the chart!!!!!!!!!

The changes that I made to my fuel system consisted of the following:

• Anodize the aluminum bits
  • remove any brass fittings and replace with either anodized aluminum or stainless steel
  • Used E85 compatible hoses
  • Viton o-rings for the injectors
  • Two fuel pumps, each with a Kenne Bell Boost-a -Pump for good measure
  • 150lb injectors
  • Pulled the fuel tank and modified it with a bottom sump and two -8 outlets, one for each fuel pump
  • Also hot tanked the tank and had it internally coated with an Ethanol resistant coating (red-kote)

I already had the two pumps and injectors from the previous setup - there was enough headroom left for the addition of E85.

NICE numbers tim. You keep settin the bar higher and higher for me! Whats the most HP you have run on Pump Gas? I "plan" to get to the dyno next month and get 700 RWHP on pump gas, but we shall see. I am eying a larger set of turbos to get me to the 1000 RWHP mark too! The main thing I lack in life is time though.