HybridZ

Who Needs a Rotisserie Anyway?

z-ya

I like it! Very creative. Maybe a better safety "something" instead of the broom?

I've got a come-along holding it from tipping one way, and a chain hoist preventing it from going over the other way. It is not going anywhere.

Jon, I think with all of the cross members in there, I'm OK. Plus like Roostmonkey said, the stock rails are there, and in good shape. I am patching a few rust holes in the floor, and then putting the Bad Dog rails in. The driver side is done, just needed power to start working on the passenger side. Lost power for almost 10 days with the ice storm.

Jon, I think with all of the cross members in there, I'm OK. Plus like Roostmonkey said, the stock rails are there, and in good shape. I am patching a few rust holes in the floor, and then putting the Bad Dog rails in. The driver side is done, just needed power to start working on the passenger side. Lost power for almost 10 days with the ice storm.

10 days? Geez.

I will be putting the Bad Dog rails on my other Z that is getting the V8! I should do sub frame connectors also but we shall see. I think you will be fine will all the cross memebers in with all the weight on the wheels. I don't think that car is going anywhere..... kinda like how I pulled this turbo motor a while back:

DSC02276.JPG

As long as you make sure YOU are safe!

The bad dog rails can be welded on right over the existing, I think you'll be fine.

Do you have any pics of how you plan on doing the subframe connectors?

-Ed

I'm using the Bad Dog extensions. I'll post some pics of the install.

240fullrear-small.jpg

10 days? Geez.

I will be putting the Bad Dog rails on my other Z that is getting the V8! I should do sub frame connectors also but we shall see. I think you will be fine will all the cross memebers in with all the weight on the wheels. I don't think that car is going anywhere..... kinda like how I pulled this turbo motor a while back:

DSC02276.JPG

As long as you make sure YOU are safe!

Sooo little respect for the s130"s.......;)

pete, which z is that and what are it's plans?

still cherishing great memories of driving the baddog z at nelson!!!!!

thanks again to u and john for letting me behind the wheel of your z:mrgreen:

Hey Dave,

It's a mid 71' (no seat belt pockets). The plan is for a street machine with suspension upgrades and a classic look. Something Beth or Julie could drive.

- RB25DE (NA, 200HP stock)

- RB20 5-speed (same as KA24 trans but diff bell housing)

- Stock ECU / electronics

- Eibachs and Koni struts (came on car)

- Bigger sway bars

- Stock brakes

- 280Z booster

- R160 VLSD from Subaru.

- Stock interior

The goal is to make it look like it came that way from Nissan. Chassis stiffening will be hidden. Something that you can just turn the key and drive it. Should be fun and reliable. Something I could drive across country. I'm using some of the parts I got from you on this car 8^).

Yes, I am still smiling from Nelson Ledges last year. I'm up for another fun day out there. I've got the GTR2 Nelson Ledges track. It's pretty darn close to the real thing.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...