HybridZ

For 280zx, What Engine Swap Would Be Of Choice For You?

I BEEN LOOKING UP A LOT 280ZX AND IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE LIKES DOING THE V8'S OR RB SWAPS.

MY MAIN CHOICE FOR AN ENGINE SWAP WOULD GO FROM A NEO RB25DET From the ER34 SKYLINE, OR THE GREAT RB26DETT FROM THE R34.

MANY KEEP THE L28ET IF THEY ALREADY HAVE A TURBOCHARGED MOTOR, BUT I'VE SEEN A RB26DET SWAP INTO A 280ZX ON YOUTUBE WITH ABOUT 800HP WHICH SOME OF YOU ALREADY SEEN BUT I WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU GUYS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKge-NapI0s

He uses caps-lock and brings up a topic that could be KILLED by the use of the search button, and i get banned for using U (as in you) well omg ftw!!! or loss, idk...

and for the question...

-if you have outrageous money go for the rb swap and get some help(like a shop that knows what they are doing)

-if you have ok money and a basic knoledge and you think you can diy, i do give warning (this could be a crapshoot of you money)

-if your low on money and you have basic skills swaping the l28et is pretty simple

-or if you have no money and little skill (like me) dont mess with anything!!!!!!(like me)

some people can do the rb swaps on a budget but they really know what they are doing and they have the "hook ups"

moral of the story is that you can know what a er34 is(btw i have no idea why you would want an engine out of an er34 when there are more r34s sitting in japan and i doubt you would get a rb25 from an er34, its more likely to come from a r32), or you can tell all you buddies nissan engine codes on the top of your head, but if you dont have a good shop or money to burn these motor swaps are going to just be day dreams you get in Algebra III (or at least thats my case)

He uses caps-lock and brings up a topic that could be KILLED by the use of the search button, and i get banned for using U (as in you) well omg ftw!!! or loss, idk...

and for the question...

-if you have outrageous money go for the rb swap and get some help(like a shop that knows what they are doing)

-if you have ok money and a basic knoledge and you think you can diy, i do give warning (this could be a crapshoot of you money)

-if your low on money and you have basic skills swaping the l28et is pretty simple

-or if you have no money and little skill (like me) dont mess with anything!!!!!!(like me)

some people can do the rb swaps on a budget but they really know what they are doing and they have the "hook ups"

moral of the story is that you can know what a er34 is(btw i have no idea why you would want an engine out of an er34 when there are more r34s sitting in japan and i doubt you would get a rb25 from an er34, its more likely to come from a r32), or you can tell all you buddies nissan engine codes on the top of your head, but if you dont have a good shop or money to burn these motor swaps are going to just be day dreams you get in Algebra III (or at least thats my case)

"U" wasnt the only thing. Stop complaining.

i'd probally go VG33ER or go super crazy stupid on some sort of L seires engine with one or two turbos or mabe go all out on N/A.

either way i would get another car to do it with. my engine is in too gooda shape to mess with right now. only minor seepage right now. plus the cash factor

• Administrators
I BEEN LOOKING UP A LOT 280ZX AND IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE LIKES DOING THE V8'S OR RB SWAPS.

MY MAIN CHOICE FOR AN ENGINE SWAP WOULD GO FROM A NEO RB25DET From the ER34 SKYLINE, OR THE GREAT RB26DETT FROM THE R34.

MANY KEEP THE L28ET IF THEY ALREADY HAVE A TURBOCHARGED MOTOR, BUT I'VE SEEN A RB26DET SWAP INTO A 280ZX ON YOUTUBE WITH ABOUT 800HP WHICH SOME OF YOU ALREADY SEEN BUT I WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU GUYS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKge-NapI0s

capslock.jpg

"U" wasnt the only thing. Stop complaining.

Yeeup!

HippyGoth-7banhammer.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

WOW sounds like the youngest member ever needs sum wamprin, maybe sum vagasil.....LOL Come on bud, men dont complain. Only when our cars are broke, girl wont put out, or hurts when we pee. :-D

dude i dont even know what wamprin is, and i was just wondering if the mods where still here or not... i see they are :-D

someday someone will replace me as the youngest member ever... till then, WOOT WOOT!!!!

How old are you? There are quite a few young members (~13), they just dont flaunt it.

As for the original thread Id say go for the turbo. Or even hold out on swapping something in. Maybe work on getting the stock engine in tip top shape with a few small bolts ons. Then look into the turbo/rb down the road.

Edit- Looked at your profile... 16. Missed it by a few years.

You might look into the VQ35DE swap. it's super light. Not exactly the easiest swap tho. but if you go this way, buy the engine, ecu, bcm, tranny, and driveshaft all from the same vendor if you can. there's deals to be had, you just gotta look for them.

Phar

:willy_nilOMG....not another "what engine swap" thread!

Just do a search and prevent anothe RB vs L6 vs V8 debate. They are all the same.

Do the research, pick one that meets your desires, means and abilities then build it the best you can with the forums suport. There is soooooo much info on Hybridz regarding all the popular options.

Repeating something and expecting different results!!.....one definition of insanity!