HybridZ

370Z Commercial

g9m3c

I like it, mostly because its back to the reason Zs became popular in the first place, value, If your going to buy a new car and have small budget it seams like a great choice.

By using the CPI Calculator, a car that sold for $3360 in 1970 would sell for just under $19,000 today.

Were it priced at $19,000 I'd consider the above comment valid.

At almost 2X that price (find one for $29,930) I'd not consider 'value' one of it's highpoints.

Even at dealer inflated pricing of 1970, the price is still high.:mad: I mean, a $5000 240Z in 1970 would be pricing adjusted to only $27,374 today!

The car is selling for close to 5X what cost of production is...I mean, give a guy a break!:cry2:

By using the CPI Calculator, a car that sold for $3360 in 1970 would sell for just under $19,000 today.

Were it priced at $19,000 I'd consider the above comment valid.

At almost 2X that price (find one for $29,930) I'd not consider 'value' one of it's highpoints.

Even at dealer inflated pricing of 1970, the price is still high.:mad: I mean, a $5000 240Z in 1970 would be pricing adjusted to only $27,374 today!

The car is selling for close to 5X what cost of production is...I mean, give a guy a break!:cry2:

Very true, 30k is going to be for the base model. If you get all the goodies that anyone one of us is going to want from a new car ( navi and sport trim) the new 370Z is near 40k! Nice car but def not 40k in my book.......Can't wait to see them on the road.

Starting at $29990!!!

You guys are so lucky! A 350z starts at $64990 in Australia.

Gees, I just bought my wife a corolla for almost that price. If cars were that cheap over here, I would need a bigger block of land to park them on.

I just saw one at the dealership, sticker was 38,200. 350z touring with sport package pretty much fully loaded. And I must say they look pretty dern good in person.

With taxes 40k+ =(

What color was at the dealer Austin? I have only seen red/blue/yellow/black/silver.....did they get rid of the orange 350z color?

We just got our first one in at our dealership on Thursday. I must say it is a beautiful car. I wasn't sure about the front end but I love it now that I've seen in up close. The interior is so much nicer than the 350Z too. It looks very aggressive in person. I can't wait to PDI(pre delivery inspection) the car and take it for a drive to test the syncro-match tranny. The one we got is priced at $33,000. Its got big brakes and nice wheels on it. I would love to buy it but it's not in the budget right now! I think its priced right, it does 0-60 in under 5.0 seconds doesnt it?

I'll let you guys know what I think of it once i drive it......

Guy

FINALLY. Someone got a clue.

They had a really good commercial similar to that for the 350Z, and they ruined it with that ridiculous song. It was infuriating.

Best Z commercial ever is still the twin turbo dream commercial, though.

Well today my roomate and I took my Z to the Nissan dealership and looked at one up close. AWESOME car. :cool: The rear wheels look ridiculous up close. :lmao: The interior is smooth, sleek, and screams luxury. BA car. They've only had it about a week, and aren't letting people test drive it yet. The sticker was 33K and some change. Black with the 6 speed.

I drove ours a little bit tonight. It started snowing and the 275's out back were not liking it so I couldn't get on it at all. I did use the synro-match function and from the 3 times I downshifted it worked awesome! I can see it really helping around a track!

Anyone who thinks this car is ugly really needs to see it in person. I am in love with already!

Guy

P.S. hopefully going to drive it tomorrow but the snow hasn't stopped yet so who knows....