HybridZ

Who is The Stig?

S30TRBO

"The first Stig, stunt driver Perry McCarthy, lost the job after outing himself in his book Flat Out, Flat Broke, published in 2002.

He was known as The Black Stig and always wore a black suit and helmet before he was "killed off" during the third series in 2003. Collins has since become The White Stig, and wears an all white helmet and suit."

Flat Out, Flat Broke is a great read by the way.

If it is Collins, I hope he writes a book about his experiences with the celebs and the Top Gear folks.

I thought it could be Richard Hammond and he just traded off with some other guy when they both had to appear, but after seeing Hammond drive a bit (he's not too bad actually) I changed my mind :roll:

I agree that the best thing is not knowing--that's part of the fun; like Santa Claus. Ultimately, though, it just doesn't matter :D

Davy

Id prefer not to know. It is a great show though. Wonder if the Americans will be able to pull off a similar show.

They won't. as soon as something funny happens, someone's going to complain and then they won't do it again. A couple more sequences like that and then it will be as bland as toast. I hate it when people complain.... guess I'm a hypocrite :P lol

• 1 year later...