HybridZ

hpi racing RC Zcar

OneSickZ

Wow, NICE! Bet it's more than I can afford to put into one of those.

What always bugs me about promotional literature for RC cars with lexan bodies is that they've got a paint job on the body that you wouldn't be able to do yourself. There's no way I'd be able to do that good of a job.

...but that would look great in off-white with a red stripe. :twisted:

Wow, NICE! Bet it's more than I can afford to put into one of those.

What always bugs me about promotional literature for RC cars with lexan bodies is that they've got a paint job on the body that you wouldn't be able to do yourself. There's no way I'd be able to do that good of a job.

...but that would look great in off-white with a red stripe. :twisted:

The orange one? That's really not too far out of reach, and if you just took out the black stripe on either side, you'd simplify it a TON. I'm a horrible painter, but even after screwing it up, the body I did doesn't look that bad.

These things are bigger money pits then a Z car!!! DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!

I was going to post something along the same lines and then seen you posted it already. I purchased a nitro powered one back in the day. Can be fun yes, but it's like masturbating. It's all fun and great, but not nearly as fun as the real thing. In the end you'll just want a car that goes fast and wish you didn't spend all that money on a toy car. But hell yeah it looks awesome =) I want one. I can't wait to have kids so I can have a real excuse to buy toys.

These things are bigger money pits then a Z car!!! DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!

I was going to post something along the same lines and then seen you posted it already. I purchased a nitro powered one back in the day. Can be fun yes, but it's like masturbating. It's all fun and great, but not nearly as fun as the real thing. In the end you'll just want a car that goes fast and wish you didn't spend all that money on a toy car. But hell yeah it looks awesome =) I want one. I can't wait to have kids so I can have a real excuse to buy toys.
These two posts sum it up very well. It's like 6 dollars for 8 tiny little wheel nuts. EVERYTHING for those things is absurdly overpriced. I once had ~$900. I spent it all on RC parts, and it when was gone, I realized that I had gained almost nothing, and I knew I was done. For the cost of parts and what not, there isn't a lot of reward. With an RC car, there is no feeling of being pushed back in the seat... you just watch. Very boring IMO. I don't regret getting out of that hobby one bit.

Well for me if I wasnt able to see it being faster, working on it wasnt much of a benefit. The only time you can tell its faster is when it will wheelie.
You must've had a 1/8th scale monster truck or something, because it's pretty hard to get a 4wd "stadium" truck or touring car style RC to wheelie.

I gave up because:

1) Money

2) Not really much fun driving it back and forth 50x doing the same thing, especially for the cost.

3) Couldn't get my damn engine to fit after I stripped a spur gear, despite the fact I had it in previously.

4) Not a big factor, but the community. IMO, it makes a difference. Half the RC car community seems to be punk 13 year old kids. The RC plane community is probably a bit older, and I'm sure RC planes are much more fun (and expensive).

RC Helicopters are a money sink. I still have one car, an RC10 (old 4wd car) and it's fun, but can't get parts for it anymore. So when it breaks I am at the hobby store looking at whats available and what I can upgrade, what I can make fit. The shop owner looks at me sideways and wonders why I don't just buy a new car for what i spend on it.

I should just tell him I drive a 240z, and it will all make perfect sense.