HybridZ

Best way to power up a 70' 240z?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason those pics aren't working is because we can't access your computer. Notice how the path says "C:/"? That's because that location is on your computer. You need to upload (reverse of download) the pics to a host site like photobucket.

okay it took me 2 min to upload these picts of Hutches car. you really need to learn to use photobucket.

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Looks like somone already mucked it up w/ a sunroof. Sad story, but hey, mod the hell outta it. it's already been cut up. other than that it looks really solid. I love white on a 240Z

Looks like somone already mucked it up w/ a sunroof. Sad story, but hey, mod the hell outta it. it's already been cut up. other than that it looks really solid. I love white on a 240Z

I'd agree - it looks great but has been 'tainted' in terms of it being a collectible. That hatch is only on the early cars and you might be able to get some money for that if you are going to make this a track car or something like that.

Heh, Well #230 might need a little work. uhm... lets see:

Fender

Door

Door guts

Lower door opening

rocker in front or rear tire

frame straightening.

Windshield & trim

Dash cowl

Driverside access panel.

That's it for starters. If he finds a good donor 240Z he could knock most of that out. It's still #230 so it's worth it to the right person. it doesn't look like fun to repair, but if you can weld it's not really that bad. kinda looks like it "cuddled" with a tree ot some other large immobile object.

Yeah I like the early 240z hatch on the white one. ports is good..

Phar

I am fairly certain that there are differences (albeit minor) in the sheetmetal panels that were welded together that a true purist would be able to detect.. ie, chopping even a 72 up for this as a donor car still wouldn't set that "right" so the only real value lies in the number. The same thing holds true (although to a little bit less degree for the white car, since the sunroof was added. (although the sunroof COULD be removed cleanly and be closer to "mint" that the 230 car)

The real $$ value comes from straight straight original straight low number cars that are untouched and have had all the fasteners etc EVERYTHING replaced.... with series 1 pieces, NOW or used original if possible. Other than that its just a quirk that adds to the value, more along the lines of the "black pearl" edition of 78... special but only to a certain extent.

As has been pointed out, the good news is, mod away. The cool factor and whatever $$ its worth will be present as long as the car is still number 230, or 1400, or whatever.