HybridZ

Full on resto mod of a 240Z

Where did you find all the new chrome trim for the doors, windshield, and rear?

Actually, it's all stainless, I'm pretty sure. The resto shop actually took some time (quite a LOT of time, by my bill) restoring it. It is the most impressive part of the build to me, possibly. In most of these pics, some is intalled but they have green tape on them.

So what do you do for work again? lol. If I could get my Z to half that level I'd be more than happy!

Thanks to all you guys. I'll try to get really good answers on the window trim for you all. As far as my job, I'm an entrepreneur. When land/real estate was big, I was into that. Now I'm into other things. Pretty much a people person for hire! Overall happy dude! God is good.

All window rubber was initially ordered from Motorsport Auto. Their kit was incomplete and sucked. I sent it back. We then searched high and low and found some perfect, never opened, new-old-stock (NOS) Datsun stuff from a man who intended to restore his a LONG time ago. It was all in his garage. Awesome. He doesn't have any more. I bought everything. Some of this even included, in DATSUN BOXES, stainless window trim. Yep. I paid him all that he asked for it. $250, I believe. Was worth ten times that to me. So it's all new, soft, Datsun stuff. Nothing was fixed.

Sorry not to have better news for you. I just suggest searching your ass off... and prayer!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, i was nice to meet you man. Even if i really didnt get to see all the cars at the event. I look forward to when you move down here and get the car finished. We will have to cruze some time.

It by far one of the nicest restos i've ever seen, I've seen a few even at 18.

Take it easy,

-Lowrider

I've been in Germany and just landed. I'll find out the current status and let you guys know asap. I don't think it will be ready for the show in Myrtle Beach this weekend though. We lost two weeks or so waiting on stainless fittings for my brake/clutch/fuel lines.

Thanks for all the kindness, fellas!