HybridZ

Full on resto mod of a 240Z

nice car keep us posted. yeah im dissapointed i stripped out all that moisture infested tar crap inside the car and realized in the secret compartments under the hatch carpet they cut it out and put speakers in mine and im going to refab that.

I'm just close to getting my 280z running, after that i'll need to save up while driving it as my dd, until I can get the whole thig repainted and have the rust patched up. then ai'll have to save up some more money, and get 2 5 lug axels, then save up, then those sweet suspensions and brakes from arizona z caar! after that, i plan to swap for an rb25

Amazing build!

I can't say that I would go the same route as you on a lot of things if I had an unlimited budget, but hey, if we all built the same cars, we'd have quite a boring hobby. ;)

Can't wait to see more progress on your gorgeous car!

• 4 weeks later...
Amazing build!

I can't say that I would go the same route as you on a lot of things if I had an unlimited budget, but hey, if we all built the same cars, we'd have quite a boring hobby. ;)

Can't wait to see more progress on your gorgeous car!

Thank you.

I agree. While I don't want people to build a car just like mine, I must say that I am convinced that I have put at least as much quality into this car that anyone has ever, ever done. Secondly, why put a heavier engine in a car that's already nose heavy? I chose the smallest, lightest (that could be built to at least 400 reliable HP with minimal lag) engine to start with and took it from there. Other than for bragging rights, I see no good argument for why this is not the best choice.

I love to debate this. I think that RB26DETT and 1JZ and big ass V8s are cool... but anything more than 450 or so in this chassis, and it's worthless unless you're building a drag car.

Just my 2 cents back atcha. :)

Updates? Sure. We finally have some. Here goes. She's up on the lift...

100_6172.jpg

The fabrication of the downpipe has gone well.

image002-1.jpg

image004-1.jpg

image005.jpg

image006-1.jpg

The brake proportioning valve is in the way of the wastegate...

image007.jpg

So we're moving it to this location...

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

The dispersal tube is routing in between the subframe and body, and is recirculating to the downpipe in interest of noise level reduction and engine bay/under chassis cleanliness.

Working on the cold-side charge pipe routing. This is going to come out great...

100_6129.jpg

100_6128.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful job. I am basically doing the same thing with an RB26. I have two questions if you can help. The brake master, what year booster fits, I have the same master, not installed? The AZC coilovers, my shocks stick through too high. I could put a steel bushing below to lower them, what did you do, if anything? Thanks