HybridZ

Cheap Welding Cart

rejracer

I had to get a welding cart setup for my welder and was not pleased with what miller offered for the price. I went to my local Airgas and they happened to be closed, so I hit home depot, no luck, and thought I would try Harbor Freight.

I was looking for something that I could store a least 2 bottles, spool gun, helmet and other gear.

this is what I ended up with, partly because it was cheap, and also that it could store other "stuff"

IMG00605.jpg

holds extra wire spools, spool gun, helmet, gloves, brushes and other essentials.

IMG00606.jpg

pull the bottles from the top.

IMG00608.jpg

guage visibility is not the best, but still workable.

IMG00610.jpg

Tight fit.

IMG00612.jpg

Cant read the settings very well, *ahem* that's why I bought the auto set model!

IMG00611.jpg

I actually bought a 3 shelf unit, and may add the third shelf raised above the top shelf now. it will be shortened down to allow the bottles to be pulled in and out from the top.

I have bought chain to hold the bottles in place, but have not installed it yet. I think I paid 42.00 for the cart after tax.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=125130&highlight=swivel

With about 1200lb weight to deal with, for a commercial TIG, welder ,that I got a deal on, and tanks for shield gas,plus the liquid cooled torch, , long electric feed cables coolant pumps, etc., building a custom cart was my only reasonable finacial option, but a custom cart has the advantage you can set it up exactly the way you want too!

My cart is similar to yours. I got it free from work but I did have to put new casters on it.

My tank is taller than yours so I cut a hole in the top shelf and set the tank through the hole. No problems with the tank tipping over. I sliced a piece of fuel line and put on the edge of the hole to cussion the tank.

I put my welder on top and use the bottom for storage.