HybridZ

Hybridz Audience??

S30TRBO

I stumbled upon this site:http://www.quantcast.com/hybridz.org

Here is an excerpt:

"This site reaches approximately 14,477 U.S. monthly people. The site attracts a largely male, fairly wealthy, 35-49 group.

Admins what say you?

• Administrators

What is the purpose of that I wonder?

Interesting but not so sure I like what and how that info is being displayed. This forum and the demographics of its members, all laid out open and waiting for unwanted sales...

"Ah hecks yeah! A group of mostly males with an overall decent income! Cha-ching!"

(We have been dealing with those recurring vaginal yeast infections a bit much lately on here, as such I am very suspect to anything that would bring more of that unwanted trash!)

(We have been dealing with those recurring vaginal yeast infections a bit much lately on here, as such I am very suspect to anything that would bring more of that unwanted trash!)
Since I take it you're talking about the spammers, I'm kind of curious about them, since we've gotten an uprising of spammers on another forum I frequent around the same time frame. One even posted an ad for the tool they use to mass-spam forums LOL.

Hmmm. That age group doesnt match the recent poll there was on age. How did they get all that info?

Remember, there's a LOT of members on here that aren't regular posters, and only a fraction of the forum voted in the poll. And who's to say everyone voted honestly.

Yeah I thought about that after I posted. But I still dont know how they would get ahold of all the non frequent posters.
Well, you have to enter your birth date when you register, and I'm guessing they somehow got ahold of that... but I'm pretty sure they weren't supposed to...

That is the thing about the "net".

Being a head guy for my cable system, (no longer), the amount of data that can be had, seen at source level is uncanny.

Not much can be done to over come us.

Then we were all forced to give the feds access to the info. YOU can not hide!

I had the ability to slow traffic to particular sites for an individual, if needed, or cut them off. Never did, but I could.

If an admin was in my area I could slow his connection to HybridZ to a crawl, yet nothing else would be wrong.

Data log the sites visited and so on.

And this was a small cable system, the big ones WOW!

They can prioritize packets that come from you, i.e. phone service.

All of that data is publicly available and an aggregator just needs to match things up. Everyone that has a web site can use any number of tools to monitor traffic. Those tools don't produce demographic (gender, income, status) data but that can be inferred using IP addresses. None of this is new or evil, you guys are just becoming aware of it.

Google probably also collects data about their ad serving and then makes that available to aggregators.

Edited by johnc

• Administrators

The inferred demographics makes sense as it claims we have 28% female members?!?! scratch.gif

I would've guessed that be more like 2-5% females, in the physical sense, and more like 30-40% female member base in the mental/emotional sense.. I guess it's really not that far off after all... :lmao:

Next.......

Edited by BRAAP