HybridZ

240z8's '71 240z Chevy V8 Project

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tire 275/40/17 Rear and 255/40/17 Front. 4.5" backspacing on the wheels.

As to lowering I have coilovers and I know I could drop it another 1-3 inches but the oilpan would hit on the smallest of bumps.

Do you have any better shots of the rear tires, side view and from the rear?

I like the way those look alot! They fit great too, I agree now, get some centerlines, powder coat them flat black and then your good. The only problem with matte or flat black wheels come up for guys like me that mount the tires up and stuff. They scratch to easy. Justin, MOAR PICS!

Tire 275/40/17 Rear and 255/40/17 Front. 4.5" backspacing on the wheels.

As to lowering I have coilovers and I know I could drop it another 1-3 inches but the oilpan would hit on the smallest of bumps.

17x9.5 on the rear? and 17x8 in the front? or different offsets, also about how much lower than stock are you right now, I can't get enough of how those fit!!

17x9.5 on the rear? and 17x8 in the front? or different offsets, also about how much lower than stock are you right now, I can't get enough of how those fit!!

17x9.5 all around @ 4.5 BS. The rear tires are slightly larger than the fronts. I'm a 240z so I'm going to be lower than starting than your 280, with that being said I'd venture to say I'm maybe 2-3 inches lower than stock. The coilovers where right in the middle set point. Again for the price I couldn't pass them up, figure adding another $200-ish to get the powdercoating down on all 4 wheels. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

I have a quick question; is the only way to get the panels from around the 240z taillights out to drill out the rivets? Or is there another way?
The trim panels? there should be 3-4 plastic rivets holding them onto the hatch sill. You just tap out the centers and pull them out. After that there's 2-3 clips on the bottom holding them on. They'll just pull off.

If someone replaced the plastic rivets with metal ones, then yes, carefully drill them out.

The trim panels? there should be 3-4 plastic rivets holding them onto the hatch sill. You just tap out the centers and pull them out. After that there's 2-3 clips on the bottom holding them on. They'll just pull off.

If someone replaced the plastic rivets with metal ones, then yes, carefully drill them out.

Lol, thanks, I didn't even think of that. I just went and checked, they're plastic alright. What's a good way to reattach the trim once its off? Screws, plastic rivets, or what?

Lol, thanks, I didn't even think of that. I just went and checked, they're plastic alright. What's a good way to reattach the trim once its off? Screws, plastic rivets, or what?

Go to auto zone and get the more modern style plastic interior clips. They are little deals with a hole in them and they spread out when you put the little peg pin deals that go in and they will hold the on. will go right into the stock location. =P Can't believe you hadn't figured this out. But Interior is overrated. Its a V8 powered sports car, interior just limits the ability to here the car make lovely sounds.

Go to auto zone and get the more modern style plastic interior clips. They are little deals with a hole in them and they spread out when you put the little peg pin deals that go in and they will hold the on. will go right into the stock location. =P Can't believe you hadn't figured this out. But Interior is overrated. Its a V8 powered sports car, interior just limits the ability to here the car make lovely sounds.
You just described, exactly, the plastic rivets that the car comes with.

No lol, I'm not talking about the interior, I'm talking about the trim around the taillights. This piece: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/50-1564, just the stock version.

You just described, exactly, the plastic rivets that the car comes with.

No I did not, see, the ones that come with the car, you have to push down, the ones I am talking about are the ones that you can pull out from the top. and reuse. I meant similar to these but its not a screw, its like a button that goes in how the screw did. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-Toyota-Interior-Trim-Push-Type-Clips-Echo-Scion_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d24e60a6cQQitemZ400051014252QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

There are the stock type pins

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-Honda-Interior-Trim-Push-Type-Clips-91550-S50-000ZL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d25e7a03bQQitemZ400067895355QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

No I did not, see, the ones that come with the car, you have to push down, the ones I am talking about are the ones that you can pull out from the top. and reuse. I meant similar to these but its not a screw, its like a button that goes in how the screw did. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-Toyota-Interior-Trim-Push-Type-Clips-Echo-Scion_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d24e60a6cQQitemZ400051014252QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

There are the stock type pins

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-Honda-Interior-Trim-Push-Type-Clips-91550-S50-000ZL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d25e7a03bQQitemZ400067895355QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Lol, you did describe the stock ones though, you said nothing about reusing them.:mrgreen:

So I spent the last 40 minutes sanding one trim piece, boy are my arms tired... Wait, that isn't the joke is it? Oh well. I did get those off though, and one is almost bare metal. I'll go back in a bit and finish the first one and do the other. Thanks for the telling me how to get the plastic rivets out rturbo 930, I would probably taken forever to figure that out.

Lol, you did describe the stock ones though, you said nothing about reusing them.:mrgreen:

So I spent the last 40 minutes sanding one trim piece, boy are my arms tired... Wait, that isn't the joke is it? Oh well. I did get those off though, and one is almost bare metal. I'll go back in a bit and finish the first one and do the other. Thanks for the telling me how to get the plastic rivets out rturbo 930, I would probably taken forever to figure that out.

BOOGITY! I want to actually work on my car, But what I need to do I need a welder and cutting tools, damn floor boards, had to find more rust. I need your wire wheel and air drill Justin.

Pharaohabq.

"Those trucker rims are cheap and durable, but not so classy. he'd get more "street cred" at school w/ some nicer aluminum rims. it's not my $$$ tho so whatever works. "

Give up about $2400 to a 15 year old for the right rims. :rolleyesg

It's all in what you want. With these rims the car is on the road! It will be fast! It will roll! It will be a Low, Dark Demon! lol :flamedevi

Better than most of the teeny boppers around here. Except for the kids of the parents who think that the $45,000 truck is what Johnny needs and gets. Got to love those Dairy Folks.

I knew the "street cred" comment would get some flack. But really, just like the car "pre-owned" is availible and possible to get for a decent price. I got my 16x8 supersport rims, (Konig rewind - similar) off here for $300. Yeah the Truck rims are cheap and would certainly work, but would not add to the value of the car much. Looks and all are what will make the owner happy. so what's the value in buying something that you may not like. So look around and see what's availible in after market too. Ebay, forums on here and maybe forums for cars that have rims that would fit.

but I realize since he's not paying the bill he doesn't exactly get to choose.

I knew the "street cred" comment would get some flack. But really, just like the car "pre-owned" is availible and possible to get for a decent price. I got my 16x8 supersport rims, (Konig rewind - similar) off here for $300. Yeah the Truck rims are cheap and would certainly work, but would not add to the value of the car much. Looks and all are what will make the owner happy. so what's the value in buying something that you may not like. So look around and see what's availible in after market too. Ebay, forums on here and maybe forums for cars that have rims that would fit.

but I realize since he's not paying the bill he doesn't exactly get to choose.

Haha, I wasn't flaming or anything. I just think you should word it different. From what I have learned, it doesn't matter what the kids at school think, hell, I drive a stock beat up 280z, first day I drove it everybody said how cool it was except the all American freaks. I just hate seeing the cars that you can tell mommy and daddy paid for (no offense Justin) there is a guy at my school with a Avalanche running 24's that are painted to match the truck and its all pimped out and crap. Its ridiculous, there are 3 high schoolers with high end Mercedes. One of them is even a Kompressor coupe. There are a few with BMW's (granted I drove a BMW but it was a 1972 that I got running after sitting for 5+ years.) I honestly like the way Diamond racing look because they give you more of a "race car" feel to the look, just running lightweight sorta nascar style steelies.