HybridZ

240z8's '71 240z Chevy V8 Project

Yeah the Truck rims are cheap and would certainly work, but would not add to the value of the car much.
Something I thought I should point out - I really don't think they're looking to add to the value. If they were, they'd be doing a stock restoration, what with this being a fairly early series one car.

Personally, I like how the diamond racing wheels look. If only they weren't so heavy.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something I thought I should point out - I really don't think they're looking to add to the value. If they were, they'd be doing a stock restoration, what with this being a fairly early series one car.

Personally, I like how the diamond racing wheels look. If only they weren't so heavy.

If your looking for light you go with custom one off wheels or something like CCW. Or you can just go with steelies and then band them to widen them, problem is playing with the offset when you do that. I am a fan of CCW classics, look good on a Z and they are light, plus you can get them in like a ton of sizes for one flat price. I think the race versions are like 2200 for a set of 4 up to 18" and like 16 inches wide. Something crazy like that. I should go check.

Dude, hotboxin' it with primer, crack that door and put a box fan under it so you aren't stoned when you go back inside, I can see the paint floating around in there.

Don't worry, I had a fan going when I was painting, and the garage door was open about 2 feet. I didn't want to open it any more because I like my fingers and toes attached to my body, it was cooollld last night (outside).

Don't worry, I had a fan going when I was painting, and the garage door was open about 2 feet. I didn't want to open it any more because I like my fingers and toes attached to my body, it was cooollld last night (outside).

Yea, its cold in Santa Fe too, I can't believe you were painting. No bubbles or weird stuff? Had a heater going in the garage? Does the walmart there have the orange spray paint that is like their brand btw? Mine doesn't.

lol fun things can be done with some flourescent orange paint.

I litterally plan to paint my entire car with Wal-mart 1.12 a can glossy orange spray paint and their primer. I will sand the entire car, Primer it, the hood will be matte black, as the tail light garnish and airdam (when I get an airdam) and then the rest orange. I will clear the orange and wet sand. If you take your time it will look great, I have experience and their paint is usually great (avoid the yellow it is to thin)

Yea, its cold in Santa Fe too, I can't believe you were painting. No bubbles or weird stuff? Had a heater going in the garage? Does the walmart there have the orange spray paint that is like their brand btw? Mine doesn't.

Actually, the garage wasn't cold at all, I had the door to the room next to the garage open with the heater going in there. And there aren't any bubbles at all. I know that the Wal Mart here carried a fluorescent orange paint in their brand like a year ago, I used it to paint something, I can't remember what, but the tip broke off inside the hole so I threw it away. I'm not sure if they still carry it, but I'll check the next time I go to Wal Mart.

lol fun things can be done with some flourescent orange paint.

You got some 'splaynin' to do. :mrgreen:

lol graffiti, Lower control arms, the side of jacked up diesels who think they own the earth just because they have enough torque to spin it.

anything you can think of, orange paint will assist you.

haha, I thought that was any paint? I prefer florescent pink for the diesels :mrgreen:

haha, I thought that was any paint? I prefer florescent pink for the diesels :mrgreen:

no that would match their popped hot pink hollister shirt way to well...

and yes any paint will do for most things, if you really want to mess with Diesels, then you would take brown spray paint and a handfull of mud throw it in patternt that wheels throw and then spray paint over it, then on the tail gate write " I see you to P***Y to go mudding so I spray painted some on for you, bro"

no that would match their popped hot pink hollister shirt way to well...

and yes any paint will do for most things, if you really want to mess with Diesels, then you would take brown spray paint and a handfull of mud throw it in patternt that wheels throw and then spray paint over it, then on the tail gate write " I see you to P***Y to go mudding so I spray painted some on for you, bro"

haha, that's a good one. I am just going to do a rattle job until about 2 years down the road if the car is still doing alright and I get body work and suspension most the way done I will do a metallic purple with flat black flares hood air dam tail lights and idk, I guess we will see down the road. Things are bound to change. If I find a clean 240z shell I plan to just do a full swap over, but the likely hood of that is very slim. I do see an L28et in the future though, hopefully over the summer. I know all the rust will be fixed over the summer as I will have access to all types of welders, arc, mig, tig. Heck, I should have access to these in a month or two because it looks like I am going to be moving in with my dad for a bit. with the race shop my gpa has got going (fully heated and ac with tig mig lots of tools) I should be able to do a full engine swap without buying any tools what so ever and do most of the body work, I don't think he has a hammer dolly kit but with his garage you never know.

oh man, please don't rattlecan paint your car. you would be asking for a crappy job, that won't hold up especially here in NM longer than a year or 2. Read the body and paint forum on here, if you must paint it yourself, a harbor frieght sprayer and some decent paint can be had cheap and you'll get about 100 times better finish out if it.

oh man, please don't rattlecan paint your car. you would be asking for a crappy job, that won't hold up especially here in NM longer than a year or 2. Read the body and paint forum on here, if you must paint it yourself, a harbor freight sprayer and some decent paint can be had cheap and you'll get about 100 times better finish out if it.

I hope you're talking to those 2, because I said nothing about rattlecanning my car, I already know that's a bad idea. When Kinser was still down here, we painted the good hood off the 280z with primer, and after a few months, it was flaking off and looking nasty. I sanded down a corner and re sprayed it then painted over it with some dark green Wal Mart paint, and within two months, even the thicker green paint was coming off. I don't know if it was just the way I painted it or the way I prepped it, but it seems no matter what I paint, the paint always comes off.

I know the paint won't hold up great, but you just have to really take your time, at least 3 good coats of primer, 5 coats of regular paint and a few of the clear and you spend 50 hours plus on it and it will look good and last alright. gtg to work now