HybridZ

UPDATE ME! Been gone a bit

Sparks280zt

So I haven't been on the site much in the past year, my project has kind of been put on the back burner so I can save money and make a powerplant decision.

So....

What are some of the cool new projects that have been going on in the past year and anything else I have missed?

I dont feel like going through thousands of threads to find the good stuff!

Thanks guys

ZYA got his dual TB intake set up, Derek got his custom intake finished and running. And a recent thread actually presented the answer to life. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=147114&highlight=answer+life It definitely changed my life. Cant really think of anything else sadly, I think my brain is fried from school..

Welcome back.

Well for starters:

The L6 vs v8 debate was finally solved. They won.

There is a way to get 500hp for under 3K$

To improve the power vs weight advantage, we all aggreed that a 240 now weighs 1800lbs with driveline and driver.

There is a "BEST" Suspension setup and brake setup now.

Beware the cigarette lighter of doom thread.

Newbies with less than 5 posts DO know more than the rest of us.

And to top it off, "the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything is... 42"

Oh and on a side note, I have been voted as god and king of hybridz, and all my mighty slaves must submit their car for me to drive...When do I get to drive yours?

Welcome back!

Scott. (not the hybridz god/king)

A certain Admin got a bunch of hopes up about putting an LSx in a Z32 without modifying the firewall [the goal was a fast DD], but then got distracted and moved on. :D

This thread was amusing to me...

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=933740#post933740

Hmm, an L28ET... I'm a little opposed to it since it's like a 30 year old engine. In my mind a newer engine gives better performance, since I believe fuel injection is better than an engine that uses carburetors. To be honest, I have little knowledge of older engines but I know that older engines tend to have less volumetric efficiency due to their design. Unless someone proves me wrong or can persuade me that an L28ET could perform just as well as an SR20DET or RB25DET, it's probably not going to be on my wanted list. Is an L28ET all cast iron, or is it all aluminum? If it's the latter, can I change, say the engine block or something to an aluminum one?
Edited by BRAAP

• Administrators
It turns out the answer to life was neti pot, for the record. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=147136

The Multi-opti-pupil-optomy helps...

I challenged a moderator and, well, I can't tell you what came of that and there's now no record.

capslock.jpg

BRAAP and RTz got hitched.

HBZ supports the "don't ask don't tell" program. Problem here is, you told. My cover, (lovely wife of 20 years) is also a member of this forum and if she finds out?...

Bananabeater.jpg

George Bush joined the forum.

Member Profile, Goerge Bush

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ....

Edited by BRAAP

Hondas? Huh, didn't see that one coming.

OH!! I thought he ment Honda motorcycles?? My stunt bike was a Honda 929, I now ride a Honda St1300, and do the Elvis parades on a Honda CRF50. I've been a Honda (bike) man for some time. Never owned a Honda car.

OH!! I thought he ment Honda motorcycles?? My stunt bike was a Honda 929, I now ride a Honda St1300, and do the Elvis parades on a Honda CRF50. I've been a Honda (bike) man for some time. Never owned a Honda car.
Ya, well, front wheel drive motorcycles suck, too!

So I haven't been on the site much in the past year, my project has kind of been put on the back burner so I can save money and make a powerplant decision.

So....

What are some of the cool new projects that have been going on in the past year and anything else I have missed?

I dont feel like going through thousands of threads to find the good stuff!

Thanks guys

Well dont know how to tell you this but I have been seeing your old lady for the past year but either way welcome back buddy! : )