HybridZ

New Track Car Build

Mayolives

Thanks for all of the great comments. This car started out to be a beater that I could track and not worry about about scratches, dirt or how it looked... Something went wrong, very very wrong with that idea....

I have tried several times to post pics but the server gives me an error message every time.

The front info that Tom posted is right on. Roddy did a nice job. There were a lot of things for him to try to bring together to make the nose work. The ride height is 4 1/2 front and 5 rear.

The tires on the rear are 315/35/17 bfg's

There is aluminum reinforcement inside the fiberglass rear hatch to support the downforce that the wing creates. It sits on the rear of the car frame where the original latch would have been located.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
They are the wide zg flares that s30force offers. Took a while to get them but the quality is excellent!

They sure look nice on your car. Must have had them worked over first.

I guess your luck is better than mine. I bought a pair of the wide rears that came to me looking like dog sheit. I send them back just to get another pair of crap.

He then offers to hush me up I guess, by sending me a full set of his CF wide flares. Well, you don't see them on my car.... you guessed it... I'd have to have a paint guy work them over, and put paint on them to hide the shotty quality.

Don't ask about the $6,000+ worth of LCA's, paid in full for, a bunch of us never received, going on a year now.

Sorry to mention this in your thread, but seeing that name just does something to me now..

280zForce ... aka Z Force Productions ... hmmm

I absolutely love how your Z turned out BAINATSEABOARD !! :2thumbs:

I am unaware of rota wheel problems. Could you tell me more about the problems?

Well, the story around the internet is that people have been breaking some of the rota models in crashes. Now, personally I believe that if you are smacking a curb at 40mph most wheels will be damaged.

Some even claim that pot holes broke the wheels, but again that is what they claim, nobody wants to admit they were trying to do a sweet drift and under steered into a curb.

Obviously Rotas are cheaper than other wheels, which may be because they use less quality control in the casting areas and inspection, or perhaps because they are made in such high volume. No idea.

If you're a hard core track driver you expect to brake things. If you go off track and break some wheels, I'm guessing you also have a bit more to repair because of the accident.