HybridZ

Tempted to sell the Z and get into street-legal bumper cars!

ShaggyZ

I got all excited for 2 seconds thinking about bumping people at stop lights and stuff. haha.

Seriously those are pretty cool, I'm sure they would allow tons of room for personal modifications. (or is that what the whole car is? haha)

Talked with the owner of one. Those classic style bumper cars sell for $5K to $15K each used and they need work. Add in the cost of the motorcycle engine, chassis, wheels/tires, paint, upholstery, fabrication, etc. and you're easily in the $50K range. And there's a waiting to list get a new one.

Where do you see $50K wrapped up in one of these? Link?

Agreed, its a 4wheeler with a gocart body, with street tires.

The chassis, from what I can tell looks exactly like a stripped quad version of my grizzly :P.

"Yes, but how much could a HybridZer do it for?"

Isnt our theory normally 2x the time and 3x the price for most project. Then you would get the while I am at it......it would spend 3 years on jackstands in the garage and then the first 3 years of ownership it would be primed. Cause thats how we do it!

Sorry its how I am feeling at the moment

Chip Foose had one of those old bumper car bodies sitting outside his office door a couple years back. When I asked him about it he indicated that he wanted to mount it on a modified Quad chassis. He did a couple quick sketches and it looked really cool, but his sketches as I remember had more of a slammed look.

If you Google "street legal bumper cars" all of the hits seem to indicate that they are using 750cc bike engines in these. Now, with the exception of the silver car that has Show Tubes on it, the rest seem to have single Quad type exhaust. Regardless I think that wheelie bars would be mandatory.

With the high CG and the live rear axle I'm sure their a handful to drive.

In Florida it seems to me that if it has 4 wheels and you have to straddle it, it can't be licensed. So much for using a Quad.