HybridZ

ld 28 for stroker

I agree, the asking price is on the high side. I have bought three Maxima diesel engines over the last few years (just to get the crank) and I never paid more than $250 for one. I even got one for $100 that had a cracked head and the junkyard sold it ‘as isâ€, the crankshaft was fine.

I love the rationale: The crank is worth $400, so an additional 300# of scrap iron therefore is worth slightly more than $1 per pound!

Riiiiiiiiiiiight!

A very wise opinion. I think I got my crank right before the prices became stupid. $350 I think and then I started seeing $500, it was crazy. I should start hogging them all like some people. Leave a spare for myself and trade the rest.

I don't even want to get into the whole LD28 conversion subject but are you running an intercooler on your supercharger setup? How is the fuel economy, I want to do it but I just know with the way I drive and knowing a supercharger is always boosting... Yikes! Maybe you can run an adjustable boost controller... I don't even want to think about it.

I thought it was kind of high myself. I didn't know of any other useful parts off of the LD28, but I passed it along anyway. As the engines become more and more scarce the prices are only going to rise.

Also the double post happened because I went to the "New Posts" and the 1st post didn't show up so I thought it did not post so I reposted it.

I had to look under the sub forum to find it; don't quite understand how that works yet.

Decide if you want the crank and/or block for a stroker project. Expect to spend a lot of money in the long run for such a project. If that's okay with you then head over with $350 - $400 in hand. Make the seller a cash offer on the spot. If he balked then decide if the full $450 is worth it. The biggest risk is the actual condition of the crank. You won't know until you open it up.

• 2 months later...