HybridZ

Mr. K will be 100 years old on Sept. 19

Guest Rolling Parts

That's pretty cool.

At our Z meet last night, I heard that our club has sent a gift to Mr K! We all chipped in and signed a card as well. We all really appreciate what he has done by creating the Z and the communities of Z lovers!

Happy Birthday! Mr K!

We all really appreciate what he has done by creating the Z ..........

Yutaka Katayama did not "create" the S30-series Z, or any other series of Z.

He's a great man, but miscrediting him with the work of teams - and other individuals - only serves to obscure the facts surrounding his real achievements.

Guest Rolling Parts
Yutaka Katayama did not "create" the S30-series Z, or any other series of Z.

He kept the dufus "Fairlady" badge off the car.

That courage against the home office DID make the car a "engine code Z".

That alone deserves a toast in the Z community (yes, many thanks Mr. K we're not called a bunch of Fairlady communities).

Guest Rolling Parts

I read "We all really appreciate what he has done by creating the Z" as being part of the process. I did not read it as if he made the clay models, poured the molten metal, assembled the parts, and packed it on the boat. I thought it was obvious that he was part of the process.

I edited almost immediately because I know that some are literalistic.

Whoa here folks. I'm just generalizing as he is the most recognizable person attached with the car through the stages of its evolution, its image as an attractive, affordable, competitive sports car, the communities of enthusiasts, Z lore, the Z genre, his support of our z clubs/car events, and all things Z. He has attended more Z events than I will ever have the chance to attend in my lifetime. At almost 100 years old he is still very much attached with the Z communities! That is a huge commitment/achievement, and that I commend and thank him, as I am now able to share and enjoy the Z and everything associated with it as well.

Thanks,

Scott.

DSCF0065.jpg

I'm not sure what's neater - me getting the visors signed by Mr. K, or the Dragonball Z shirt the guy is wearing in the background !:)

You got a cool collectible, what's funny is that guy out grew the front of the shirt, but keeps on wearing it... :coollook:

What a creepy look too.... wait a minute, who is that guy?

Note I only said involved with Alan :D

hey, you can be involved whoever you want with - HybridZ does not discriminate based on gender, sex, ethnicity, skin color, religion, or sexual orientation

That was taken in 2002 in California at first Zs by the Bay meet (which had a huge turn out), and Mr. K attended with pre-release models of the 350Z delivered by Nissan (and he rode in one of them to the show).

....what's funny is that guy out grew the front of the shirt, but keeps on wearing it... :coollook:

What a creepy look too.... wait a minute, who is that guy?

Ha! He's got a sneaky eye on that hat-full-o'-cash on the table, and possibly planning to use the wheelchair as a getaway veehickle.....

But at least he's blocking the view to that silver, er - thing - behind him. What is that?