HybridZ

240z Suspension update! - lots O pics!

been putting some time and money into my suspension recently.

Suspension

- sectioned strut tubes

- sand blasted repainted strut tubes

- Ground control Coil Overs

- Black Magic coils - 10" 200,225 weight

- Tokico Hp Shocks

- Energy Suspension bushing kit

- Stock Front Sway bar

- front and rear strut bars - not sure what brand

cleaned up, sectioned and primed

DSC03268.jpg

assembled and looking pretty - didn't reallly care about the brakes since those wont be on t omuch longer

susdoorstires007.jpg

susdoorstires008.jpg

susdoorstires009.jpg

susdoorstires010.jpg

susdoorstires011.jpg

susdoorstires012.jpg

I couldnt stand seeing my beast sitting up high like a freaking monster truck and needed some sense of accomplishment with my project so i just went ahead and slapped on my new suspension.

before

susdoorstires001.jpg

susdoorstires002.jpg

I am goining the ZG route but at that time did not have my big wide wheels and came accross some good deals on some THICK meaty spacers so for now i'm filling up my ZG with my 15x7 :mrgreen:

After + 2"/1.5" spacers :mrgreen:

susdoorstires013.jpg

susdoorstires014.jpg

susdoorstires015.jpg

susdoorstires019.jpg

NOW for the newer prettier stuff!!

Tires

- toyo R1R 235/40/17 and 215/45/17

susdoorstires021.jpg

susdoorstires022.jpg

Rims

- Axis Banzai 17x9 and 17x8

susdoorstires003.jpg

susdoorstires005.jpg

Rims placed next to the car

carinstages036.jpg

carinstages037.jpg

And last pic, me pre-Superman:mrgreen:

phimp.jpg

I love the center caps on those axis wheels. Makes me smile every time i see em lol.

BTW painting the fender wells black will reduce the look of wheel gap fore and aft the tires in the well.

haha hopefully i can actually use those up front!

as soon as i finish painting the body itself i'll be moving onto the inner fender wells and they will definitely be black.

Those wheels are going to look awesome. Nice job with the paint on the coilovers, similar to how I painted mine except I used a silver instead of gunmetal.

Thanks, i hate that the half of the paint is covered up by the coil overs but still looks good.

Wow what I'd do for that setup.

How much do you have wrapped up in it?

Props on wheel choice as well.

it hurts every time i think about it but almost 1K on the suspension including sectioning, a little over 1k on the rims and i got the tires for about for $300 from a friend. tires are normally around $150+ each.

I was able to find good deals on everything so if you need contacts i have them still. I know a sectioning guy as well.

Rimal, those look nice. Can't wait to see it painted.

ritrebor

Thanks Bob! how are the floors coming out?

before you slap everything in, i suggest you put in some dust boots.

I realized that AFTER i had already put the suspension in...i'll just have to wait untill i pull the suspension to paint he wheel wells...

Does your friend have any more deals like that on these tires? I need some for my RB-R's.

I wish...that was his last set and now he is sponsored by another company.

hey got a question about your sectioned struts? what stuts did you use (ie mr2 struts)? and how far did you place the thread perch collar down the strut tube? Having a little comfusion with my ground control install on my strut sectioning.

yep, i picked up the MR2 struts for the front from John at Beta Motorsports, he helped explain the process and was really helpful through out the install.

The thread perch collar was welded on the the distance of the perch collar which lined up with the top of the strut tube. hope that makes sense!

yep, i picked up the MR2 struts for the front from John at Beta Motorsports, he helped explain the process and was really helpful through out the install.

The thread perch collar was welded on the the distance of the perch collar which lined up with the top of the strut tube. hope that makes sense!

oh i see, ok gotcha man, that make sense. Did you section just to the "inserts" or did you leave some space in the tube to have some extra play if needed? You have 10in springs right?

oh i see, ok gotcha man, that make sense. Did you section just to the "inserts" or did you leave some space in the tube to have some extra play if needed? You have 10in springs right?

i do have a 10" spring.

i had someone else section but i noticed that the MR2 insert is maybe an 1/8 if not less lower to allow room for the cap of the strut housing to screw down completely. Also, just in-case you didn't know the front 240z inserts were used in the rear.

Also, the hole on the top strut hat for the MR2 inserts up front had to be drilled to make a an O from the D shaped hole. I was a little stumped when i was getting ready to put everything together and noticed the top hat didn't fit.

Hope this helps.