HybridZ

took some pics of a cool 72 Ferrari

big-phil

365 GTB/4, commonly called the Daytona Coupe, the 365 GTS/4 being the convertible we all know from Miami Vice(that was a replica, though). The chassis itself was used for 4 different models, some of them styled completely differently from the 365 GTB/GTS.

Side note, the Campagnolo 5-spoke wheels were the inspiration for Globe Bathurst wheels in Australia.

365 GTB/4, commonly called the Daytona Coupe, the 365 GTS/4 being the convertible we all know from Miami Vice(that was a replica, though). The chassis itself was used for 4 different models, some of them styled completely differently from the 365 GTB/GTS.

Side note, the Campagnolo 5-spoke wheels were the inspiration for Globe Bathurst wheels in Australia.

Now....This guy knows his stuff!

Yasin

wow thanks for the info guys! I was leaving my storage spot when the guy had just taken it out of a trailer and putting it on a flatbed wrecker?? I asked him if it was a v-12 and he wasn't sure. He must of been transporting it for the owner, or stealing it lol. No motor pics sorry.

The whole story is I was changing the oil in my big work truck when I heard it start in side of the car hauler. It sounded awesome. I almost drove by, but stopped to snap the pic.

cygnusx1 thanks for the vids! I didn't really know what it was until I saw the Ferrari name on the back.

I've always thought the 275 GTB/4 was a prettier car

1966%20Ferrari%20275%20GTB4_2.jpg

Either way, the sound of a 60's Italian V12 at full song is something that will make your hair stand on end, and it will be something I will never forget.

I attended a small, but very pricey car show at Palm Springs a couple of years ago. On display and, guarded by off duty Marines from 29 Palms was an early Ferrari billed as the first Ferrari sold in the US. Worth "millions". This car is a black sheep of the Ferrari clan because its paternity is not all that clear. Appears Enzo was hard up for cash and sold this vehicle to an american for "lots a bux", but shipped a well used race car with a paint job to the buyer as a new car. Or so the story goes. Here's the view from behind the steering wheel.

Ferrrari_1.JPG

Ferrari's are nice, but I'm really partial to "D" Jags with a racing backgound. I think this may have been raced by Lister. If not, still a very nice companion for anyone's hybridz.

Jaguar_D_Type.JPG

Everyone knows that with megabux Ford designed the GT40 to take on and whip Ferrari. They did, but Ford was not the first.

Plain old California hot rodders [Ak Miller, I believe], build a roadster and whupped Eyte tail all over Mexico around 1952 in this car.

Ak_Miller_s_Iron_Horse.JPG

I don't recall the engine, but, for sure, it was old fashioned pushrod, rocker armed, American iron [i would like to say Oldsmobile Rocket 88-green in color]. No, this grunter didn't scream: it just got the job done at about 1% of the cost of the Ferrari. The grill reminds me of my neighbors' hybrid pit bu.... pardon me, American Staffordshire "Terrerors":

sort of ugly, but it grows on you.

Now, the best is saved for last. I think this may be a clone of the real thing, but it was done beautifully and this one I'd take.

240Z3.JPG

If you look over the roof of the Z to the last car in the line, you will see the roof of a 1952 Mexican Road Race Lincoln.... also a winner.

g

Well the bay should have looked like this...

and yes it's that beautiful.

1972_365_-gtb_4_engine.jpg

And to geezer, My old man was heavily into D/E types, and I have a bit of a thing for them as well, gorgeous car. I think my dad even has a set of D-type cams and triple SU's somewhere... HMMMmmmm