HybridZ

Rare/Interesting/cool Parts Thread

Sonethirty

THAT. IS. NOT. HIS.

For real. I receive 10-15 msgs or questions on parts in this thread every other week. "Sell this to me!"

99.99% of the stuff in here is found on yahoo japan or some random site.

Its NOT mine.

But on the other hand, give up the info on your mudflaps. ;)

Yes i am. pm me please with more info.

PM me back or email me at datsundriver88@hotmail.com

^^Awesome.

Got this the other day:

mmspicture7.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First clear one that I have seen. Should look nice on the Z.

I have a CF cowl for an s30....they were made stateside btw, allllsooo im pretty sure that was one that has just had the colored lenses taken out (like baked, pulled apart, then baked back together) if the color strips are internal vs being actually colored lenses....alot of people do this to taillights

^ Im not sure they were baked. Ive heard of people doing that, but there are visible marks on the thing and the black trim surrounding them has fading. I figure if they went through the trouble to do all that they would repaint the trim. But who knows. Ive got both yellow and red leds to put inside it, but Im not sure what will look best. I may put on some vinyl tint to darken them.

Pontiac- Love em. They would flow nice with side skirts.

About this kit...

P1060776.JPG2226826143_f64846c848.jpg

ZX-Japanese-Overboost280ZX-4.jpg

It's the wide fender kit.

Same front bumper on every car.

Maybe the grey one is a copy... not sure

The red 280ZX get the complete kit (11 pieces)

From ABR Hosoki Engineering : http://www.abr-hosoki.co.jp/abr-s-130bodykit.html

Only 420,000YEN for the full kit(around 5000$ in USD) :banghead:

The openning for Fogs light or turn signal are an option at 15 000yen by drilled hole.

If someone is willing to buy one, I could pay haft for a copy..... :weird:

About the Rare/Interesting/cool Parts

A got few here...

HKS J-pipe with Pop-off Valve

IMG_9027.jpg

Greddy / Twin and Single Tuybo Exhaust Manifold

100_0525.jpg

100_0523.jpg

100_0445.jpg

Old School Webber/Redline Big Throttle Body (2x Brand New)

RedlineWeberTB280BrandNewKit.jpg

RedlineWeberTB280TB3002.jpg

Also, the nissan dealer ECCS Analyzer

080208_21222.jpg

And I got Lot of picture about some L engine (LY head/TC24-B1/S20/L20ET/HKS Parts/JDM Turbo Exhaust)

Edited by nismo_zxt

nismo_cigarette_lighter_type_1.jpg

Picked up this Nismo Fashion Lighter today off Yahoo Japan Auctions. Fun little lighter that looks like a kill switch. Since they discontinued them a few years ago, they are getting to be something thats hard to find. Snagged it new in box for 24.00. Not bad considering people are selling them for 125.00..

Wow I did not know they sold for so much. I got one given to me when I visited the NISMO facility in Kawasaki Japan several years ago. I put in my daugther's Sentra SE/R and have not seen it in years. I think it in the glove box. I will remove it and place it in a safer place since it is worth so much. Who knew?

Look on that one!

The old LY Head (Crossflow Head) designed for race teams.

Supposed to be a prototype for improved the L serie head.

I think They procude only 20 or 25 of them.

Ended with only 5% more power. (I read that somewhere on this forum)

It look better for the engine bay.

More space and (maybe) more cold air for DCOE carbs vs. over the exhaust manifold.

ly10-3-1.jpg

ly10-10.jpg

lyhead1-1.jpg

janspeedsingleturboly1zp0-1.jpg

L24R.jpg

ly-10.jpg

DSC05268.jpg

By the way if anybody got one and he want to sell it ... hit me please :2thumbs:

Edited by nismo_zxt

The old LY Head (Crossflow Head) designed for race teams.

Supposed to be a prototype for improved the L serie head.

I think They procude only 20 or 25 of them.

Ended with only 5% more power. (I read that somewhere on this forum)

"...only 5% more power.." than what, exactly?

The comparison is meaningless.

prince.jpg

This is a Prince GR7 engine, not a Nissan 'LY' engine.

"...only 5% more power.." than what, exactly?

The comparison is meaningless.

Post #12

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/19239-cool-pic-of-cross-flow-head-and-more/page__p__141811__hl__crossflow__fromsearch__1#entry141811

As I know about it, (from internet,) the LY28 ENGINE is actually a completely different motor with different rods, pistons, valvetrain, manifolds, as well as different mounts and bell housing as the motor doesn’t lean like the regular L-series 6. Apparently the LY head will bolt to any L-series block though.

This is a Prince GR7 engine, not a Nissan 'LY' engine.

Prince GR7 engine from who? Cant it if on L block

Sorry for the wrong picture, but for me it looking exactly the same. Except Alternator/Dizzy.

(Same Cover bolt, Spark, Headers, DCOE)

Exactly. You're just repeating the words of others who also don't know what they are talking about.

Think about it for a moment: "..5% more power.." than what? It's an out-of-context quote from a source which never qualified the comparison in the first place. It's garbage.

Prince GR7 engine from who? Cant it if on L block

Sorry for the wrong picture' date=' but for me it looking exactly the same. Except Alternator/Dizzy.

(Same Cover bolt, Spark, Headers, DCOE)[/quote']

It's a Prince GR7 engine from the Prince Motor Co. Google it, like you did everything else.....

There are no, repeat no shared parts between the Prince G7 engine and its derivatives ( which includes the GR7 race engine you pictured ) and Nissan's L-series engines.

If you have to ask about the price of an LY head, you can't afford one. Bare, last I saw in Japan, was upwards of $30,000US.

I would likely posit the 5% number comes from a comparo against a comparably prepped non-crossflow FIA L-Head. Engineering-wise, that sounds about right. It doesn't change valve area appreciably, doesn't alter a properly ported L-Head intake valve approach angle much (compared, say to the FIA L-Head).

Both LY and FIA have the most important addition to the L-Engine: adequate cooling flow to the head for high-specific output operation. In reality, that is the largest contributor to their desirability.

You can make the power in a standard L-Head, but keeping it cool under sustained high load is a challenge. Most overcompensate with external bandaids, when infact, it's an internal engine engineering issue to get the engine cooled down properly...

I digress...