HybridZ

Rare/Interesting/cool Parts Thread

Sonethirty

I don't get what's so funny? That looks like a Porsche 935 with vented wheels that fan heat away from the brakes. Yes, they are functional...

porsche-935-k3-le-mans-1980.jpeg

Actually, yes a bit funny when you can pickup a 19x17 wheel without hardly any effort. Even with the tire it is amazing how light they are. They are pretty standard BBS racing wheels.

This is what it looks like with the original wheels:

662.jpg

I picked up a truck load of NOS parts a week or 2 ago and when I was sorting them I found this . On the box says nissan 280zx rear reflector. I have never seen one of these ever . I think it would be cool to have hung on a wall if its not a car part I have no Idea have it is for. But it is brand new and never mounted I guess I will be selling it if the right price comes along I almost wanna say its one of a kind since I haven't seen another one.

IMG03021.jpg

IMG03022.jpg

they are stock on any late 82 or 83 euro ZX.. and i bet they came on other models aswel

Well it must be an imported piece or it came on some special designation or production period zx, late models US zx's (as far as I have seen)always came stock with the "Nissan OHC" cam covers.

All of the 'NISSAN' valve covers that I have seen have come on the import engines. I bought a few L28's back in the 90's from an engine importer and they had those valve covers.I don't think any made it onto US engines, but you never know. An interesting side note is that both of the engines were F54 flat top P90a engines with the Nissan ECCS system. Probably out of a Cedric or Laurel would be my guess. They also both had the dual throttle plate throttle body and intake as well.