HybridZ

STOLEN: Blue 280z in Downtown San Jose

Hey dudes.

My blue 1976 Datsun 280z was stolen last night from the corner of San Fernando and 12th st. in San Jose.

It was there at midnight when I came back from the school shop (working on FSAE) and this morning it was gone.

If you guys see this car, let me know.

n1277406258_129274_3323.jpg

img4208.jpg

img4199w.jpg

plate# 4PVR522

can't remember the vin off the top of my head

mods:

GC coils, tokico illuminas, MSA sways, 83 5spd and rear end, and some other random stuff.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance at all it was towed? It seems an unusual target for theft to me except just for a joy ride. I think they just stand out too much being an older car and especially looking sharp. A thief would be an idiot to try and keep it. Really sorry bro, I hope I am right in saying this, but I think you will get it back soon. Joy ridden, and parked in some random location I say.

I feel your pain! good luck

Yeah, I'm pretty down. The memories are worth more than the car is worth in my opinion. It was my first car.

It was DEFINITELY stolen. My landlady has a security camera and it shows 2 guys watching for traffic while a 3rd dude drives off in it. Can't really make out their faces though.

I've been checking craigslist too. There are certain features on this car I can recognize from a mile away, even if it's repainted. Subtle things that only a Z owner would understand.

BTW, it has no cat on it, so it won't pass smog (its a 1976), the tires are bald and the clutch is going out, and the registration is due in Dec.

Vin# HLS30283344