HybridZ

Southern California Catastrophe

johnc

Nah, you guys ain't missing much....go sew your shorts together! YEAH BABY.

Now you're giving me ideas. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take much smooth talking to get my co-workers to film my Z in the snow with the company's new HD camera.:flamedevi

Why does the man in the first video happen to have access to a full on dog costume?

I'll bet that video was shot around Palm Springs in the Coachella Valley. At one level, it is funny; but, guess what, every year first responders are picking up totally clueless hikers off that snow dusted mountain in back of him. They go up poorly dressed and equipted: little, if any water, shorts, and flip flops. The heat at the lower levels gets them, the cold at the higher levels gets them, and they get themselves by wandering off the trail. We lose one or two of them every five years or so. But, TECHNOLOGY can cure stupidity: they now will run out with their GPS cell phones. Get lost? Hell, a helicopter ride home is just a call away. Got a little chill up there in your burmudas? Hell, let's grab a helicopter ride or maybe we'll get a ride down on horseback. Recently, a couple called 911, scrambled the search teams and were flown down. The emergency? None, it appears the female in the party didn't like the taste of their water.

Enough of my rant, maybe Hoov might wish to check in.

g

I'll bet that video was shot around Palm Springs in the Coachella Valley. At one level, it is funny; but, guess what, every year first responders are picking up totally clueless hikers off that snow dusted mountain in back of him. They go up poorly dressed and equipted: little, if any water, shorts, and flip flops. The heat at the lower levels gets them, the cold at the higher levels gets them, and they get themselves by wandering off the trail. We lose one or two of them every five years or so. But, TECHNOLOGY can cure stupidity: they now will run out with their GPS cell phones. Get lost? Hell, a helicopter ride home is just a call away. Got a little chill up there in your burmudas? Hell, let's grab a helicopter ride or maybe we'll get a ride down on horseback. Recently, a couple called 911, scrambled the search teams and were flown down. The emergency? None, it appears the female in the party didn't like the taste of their water.

Enough of my rant, maybe Hoov might wish to check in.

g

lol, What he said. I grew up in the mountains of the coachella valley and after hiking with a few of my friends up a small 10 mile trail, they only brought .5 a gallon of water when it was 118* ambient, it was up hill and sunny. Needless to say I ended up having to give one a piggy back ride back down and sharing my water. Then again, I'm the kind of person who would load up a back pack and go walking aimlessly into the woods.