HybridZ

My new baby...

So this will be my first Z. . I have been driving a bmw wagon for the past 4 years and shes starting to rack up the miles... (240k). So theres a bit of a story behind this old girl i found. I originally saw her while i was up at college at App state 4 years ago in West Jefferson. She never moved but i never had any buying power. Apparently the PO bought her and had her shipped from CA as his midlife crisis purchase. A month after the car arrived he developed heart complications and passed away a month later. The car then sat for 2 years, then a local mechanic drove it for 2. After that the mother of the owner decided she needed the money. Thats when i see her on craigslist. I go to take a look. Minimal rust. hatch is super clean and original looking. A little bit under the battery tray but nothing unreasonable and the body is clean other than a little bubbling on the hood vent. Engine wise all i could see with my untrained eye was the triple webers. I guess its time for some pictures

4186522011_97d97afd38.jpg

4186522121_667a01444c.jpg

4187285532_0fc7e573fd.jpg

4187287856_7be254fc37.jpg

Now i was able to drive her 150 miles home after a quick clutch line bleeding. On the other hand... i had no plates, no headlights, no running lights etc. The brakes you had to pump to get any action. And there was nothing at idle (900) - 2k But once u got past 2 k she was like a cruise missile.

I have since changed all the fluids, new coil, seafoamed, carb cleaner sprayed, cleaned the filters. Pretty much everything i can do before taking the carbs apart. Its just that she idles so well and response is great once you get past the 2k bump.

Anyone have any ideas or insight to help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...