HybridZ

Purple People Eater shakedown run

Hey Folks,

Hanns got me started on this with his "409" video, which was awesome, by the way. My local track paid us to do some match racing and I ended up racing a 39 Ford..nice car and runs well. This was the first time out for the "PPE" so only 12 lbs of boost. As you can see, my videographer (actually "ess") was not used to the camera but you can get the drift.

As you can see, the Ford ran a pretty decent 5.91 at 116 mph in the 1/8th. I beat him in the match race and I ran 117 and change in the shakedown...I will let you guess what the time was...:o)

Enjoy

motor right front_thumb.jpg

motor left rear_thumb.jpg

hotrod rear_thumb.jpg

hotrod left view_thumb.jpg

hotrod left rear_thumb.jpg

Hey Dale, thanks buddy. You're right, it doesn't launch that hard off the converter, but I was working on the suspension to get it to go straight and stay closer to the ground, so didn't use the nitrous or the transbrake. The Friday before this video, I was testing, set the secondary rev limiter at 3000, and launched off the trans brake..I could see about 7 lbs of boost on launch...it went up, and up, and up and I finally had to get out of it to let it come back down before finishing the run...the track owner described it like this: " I have never seen a car that far up in the air that didn't fall on it's roof". He offered me more money during the match race if I would do that again...I don't think my jeans could have taken another one like that...:o) I've since put it on wheel scales, balanced it out with my fat butt in it, installed an anti-roll bar in the rear, so she launches straight now. I just have to play with methods to get the best 60 ft time...best so far is a 1.28, but I think I can do better...keep in mind, that's on MT ET streets.

Inferno 08: No. I have it set up for the 1/8th mile and pretty much stick to that.

Wayne